Better late than never

I’m am going to start a grow journal late because I’m starting to see the benefits of such a tool.

I started with Northern Lights Automatic from ILGM and have been using Flower Power Nutrients. Local top soil with a small amount of High Cotton Compost mixed in. I have no idea what the PH of the soil is but the area where I reside has an average of 7. I mix my water and nutes at around PH 6.5±.
Planted in 1 gallon pot to start but transplanted into 5 gallon bucket at 4 weeks due to possible root binding. My plant was 6 inches at two weeks. Have used FP since a seedling at about 1/4 strength until a week ago. I changed to mixing some of my compost into my tap water which come out at the tap at 5.7 PH. The compost brings the PH up to 6.5 with out using any chemical balances. My photo and records of what I do from here out hopefully will be recorded. My reason for this is to try new technics and feeding schedules to gain understanding of how to produce better results.

Currently using a 300 watt Galaxyhydro set 18 inches above plant with 4 warm white CFLS for extra power. Lisa is 38 days old today and have had zero issues so far. She lives in an old outbuilding without reflective material. I use a small oscillating heater with a fan for wind flow. If it gets to cool I have a heating pad duct taped to the side of the bucket. Overall she has done quite well with primitive conditions. She is roughly 24 inches tall at the start of the flower cycle. She lives on a 12/12 cycle. Dad checks on her and makes adjustments to temp as needed. @Hogmaster, @Countryboyjvd1971, @anon95385719, just tagging you guy’s.

15 Likes

She looks great!

2 Likes

Thanks Matty. Encouragement is a powerful use of language. It goes a long way. I used to have a Shepard too. Awesome dogs.

4 Likes

Pretty little lady. Gonna b a nice producer

1 Like

Thanks Justin. I’m ready for some bud. Havnt smoked since Xmas.

2 Likes

That is waaaaay too long to be without meds! I hope you get lots of bud from your NLA. I have grown a few of those so if you need anything just holler! :v:
Matt

4 Likes

:sos: since Christmas?!?!? Oh no I’d be crawling the walls by noon. Well not really but it sure would suck

5 Likes

Since Xmas? Wow, that does suck, just hold on another 8 weeks or so. She looks great!

3 Likes

I havnt smoked in year’s until then. I visited an old army buddy and smoked a little. I have to tell you that it was the first time in years that my shoulder didn’t hurt. So, I’m back. Oh yea, it felt amazing!

6 Likes

Lol @raustin just 8 more weeks. Hahahhaha. That’s like saying don’t breath hold on an hour and I’ll get some oxygen.

2 Likes

I’d fair better in the county lockup.

No I would. I would have more friends lmao

Remember to not tell them. It’d be gone by the time you make bail. Lol

Its was rather strange to try to get back into smoking. With all your folks help and ILGM resources, no-one even need know. Can’t get safer than that. Oh, and Amazon.

2 Likes

I will Matty. I’m gonna need a expert curer or two to walk me through it. Im even thinking of bringing Rose in to assist if her Chocolope turns out nice. Wink!
@raustin

2 Likes

Note to self

I dug down two to three inches in my bucket this morning like hoeing as you would do in a vegetable garden. I remember as a child my grandparents would spend considerable time always hoeing around the plants. I went to the shed and noticed the plant responded well to me doing that. Does anyone else do that? Blew my mind. Maybe it prorvided her with a big shot of much needed oxygen. I am considering drilling alot of holes around the entire bucket. Any thoughts folks?

I took a drill and drilled small holes around the bucket. This should give it greater air intake for the roots. She has grown two inches since this morning and I raised the Galaxyhydro to around 20 to 24 inches above the top cola. The second stem on one side of the plant has lengthened to close to the height of the main stem. Explosive growth is underway for now. I was also given a new job offer today that is considerably better than the one I have. I accepted it.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you can do

2 Likes

Shes a pretty girl!

1 Like

The more drainage the better. That’s why fabric pots are used around here by most members. They self prune the roots and allow for better drainage and oxygen to the roots.

4 Likes

Next time Matty.

1 Like