Best way to sort M vs F plantsp

My neighbor gave me some mature seeds from a plant that he said had hermed on him. These are not autos but are photos.

I want to end up with 4 female plants from let say planting 12.

What is the best way to grow them and make them show their sex as early as possible in the grow so I can remove the males?

Do you grow them then flip them then sex them then reveg them? That’s what my neighbor suggested but this is all new territory for me and I just have no idea.

Any help in ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cannabis will show sex via the calyces at the nodes at some point before flowering. You will see these appear around the 7th week, give or take.

1 Like

Is it that simple?

I leave them in veg and when I top I use that as a clone. Once the clone roots I flower it, a male always shows it’s colors right away. I don’t like taking chances because my eye sight is not the greatest anymore.

2 Likes

If there were really no males involved, they should be all female or hermaphrodite. If it’s a true herm (not nanners) they can have both male and female calyxes, you want to be real careful with bag seed. They might look female until one day you look under the skirt…

2 Likes

Yes, you got a couple day, maybe a 1 week window where you can switch them back to veg and be ok. If they’re mature enough you should see m/f calyxes in a day or two.

1 Like

I’m guessing if they are of hermi decent they will definitely hermi from the stress of the light change like that… No?
I’m not claiming to know but would like info.

1 Like

So now… I am totally confused.

Which is sometimes my normal state.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know, I’d definitely prefer if it did herm then. But I’ve got more seeds than I’ve got time, I wouldn’t waste it trying to run some bag seed I knew was hermed. It would have to be from some fire weed.

1 Like

Yep. Had it happen.

1 Like

Was it from a bag seed @Storm ? I hope that’s what you meant… :rofl:

1 Like

Yes. Bag seed. Finishing it all off. Has been a journey. I get your lewd comment. Well done…lol

1 Like

BTW man…if get to up the skirt and dangling…why stop after all that work? Just sayin :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like