Best way to harvest

What’s the best way to harvest your plants,to cut behind the buds and hang up side down?

So I trim the leaves off?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

You can cut the fan leaves and keep some stem on each branch to hold and hang. Most hang upside down to dry. I have the wedryerxl. Be sure to have a fan going, but not directly on the
branches. Ideal environment is 60 rh and 60⁰.

2 Likes

Thanks bro

1 Like

I am a bro ette. :laughing:

8 Likes

I’m sorry my bad lol

2 Likes

“I am bro ette…”

Almost spit on my screen!

Hilarious! Best thing I’ve seen today.

Thanks for keeping it real…

4 Likes

@beachglass, I have always removed the fan leaves, before hanging to dry, and then trim the sugar leaves, and then jar or bag to cure. Not much new with this is it? Tried and true.
But my last two harvest I have been wet trimming, and I like this method. It doesn’t seem like the buds loose near as much trichomes, when handling them wet. It is easier to snip the stems of the leaves when the buds are wet and flexible. This method has less or no more resin buildup on tools, (To my surprise). I cut a few branches off of the plant at a time. Then work those up, while rest of the plant keeps going. I leave the buds on the larger branches and hang to dry, and put the little buds in a drying net.
I have thought that one of those Weedry things would work well with this method, and would allow you to control the drying time.

2 Likes

the ABSOLUTE best way to harvest is to chop her down and drop her off over here with me lol… sorry had to do it

8 Likes

@goldiemouth270 I concur.
Last harvest it was about 12 days to dry with the wedryer xl, which is a nice slow dry, but i leave sugar leaves only. I think it slows the dry.
As long as we like the end result, we are groovin’.

I think this was after bud wash.

3 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of greenery.

Here is some of the plant.

3 Likes

Well done but the best way is to either hang up full plants or at least full branches if you think humidity might get trapped causing rot( has never happened to me ) in a spare room/ closet with a fan rotating air but not hiting buds

1 Like

You can have it as long as I don’t gotta trim it. :joy: I’m just growing for fun a lot of the time anymore.

2 Likes

This was my mistake with the wedryer, trimming the buds off before drying them. Definitely let them dry too fast, but you live and learn. Now I know better, and do the same as you, cut the fans off, and place the whole branches in there. Much happier with the results

2 Likes