Best way to germinate the female seeds?

How can I germinate the seeds? I’ve done plastic bag method and doesn’t go well. Heard about the water method and been wanting to learn how to do it. Will a tap water with an air pump helps? The air pump has a air stone to create a mini bubbles for oxygen and maybe that will help boost them up before transferring it to a new soil and fabric pot.

1 Like

With an oz or 2 of water and a few drops of peroxide. Add seeds. Put this in a warm-ish place and cover so the seeds are in black out. I pull after 24 hours and plant in a medium that’s already damp, not dripping. Usually they’ve split by this point but even if they haven’t they usually still grow. If the seeds are viable it’s a solid method. I have a 98% germination rate utilizing this method. I usually drop mine in a small black saucer on a heat mat and use another saucer to cover it. I also used zero water/distilled/r.o. Bottled purified water would work. I’m sure tap would even work.

7 Likes

I use a medicine cup that comes with Robitussin or NyQuil. Fill with distilled water, and add a couple drops of 3% peroxide. Warm dark place, then either at 18 hours, or when it cracks, I go to a paper towel on a plate. Place seeds, fold paper towel over once, then dump the water I soaked over it and back in warm dark place. When the root tail starts coming out, drop about ¾" in the dirt and cover. In the dirt within 36 hours or so.

3 Likes

I go direct to Soil, add a little water in 2-4 days you will see it break the surface: :100:

4 Likes

In the dirt under a 600 watt MH

3 Likes

I do the same as @Borderryan22 :point_up_2:

2 Likes
  1. Fill a glass with tap water and let it sit for 24 hours to allow the chlorine to evaporate.
  2. Drop the seeds into the glass of water.
  3. Place the glass in a warm, dark place.
  4. Check the seeds daily, and once they sprout and grow roots that are about a quarter inch long, carefully transfer them to your growing medium, such as soil or a hydroponic system.

The air pump you mentioned can help to increase oxygen levels in the water, which can benefit the seeds.