Best varieties for arthritis pain?

Well…I’ll be the first and hopefully, someone will know the answer to this question:
Can anyone recommend the best varieties for osteoarthritis pain?
I’m in California and can grow…I’m just not sure which type I want.
Ideas?

Edited to add that I prefer to eat, rather than smoke.

Effects of Indica (lower THC, higher CBN/CBD):
Ind
generally more physical than cerebral (however, the relief of physical symptoms can have a positive psychological effect)
Ind
sedation, pain relief and relaxation
Ind
best for later in the day and bedtime
Ind
perhaps better for anxiety than depression

Benefits:
Ind
reduces pain
Ind
muscle relaxant
Ind
relieves spasms, reduces seizures
Ind
reduces inflammation
Ind
aids sleep
Ind
reduces anxiety and stress
Ind
reduces nausea
Ind
stimulates appetite
Ind
relieves headaches and migraines
Ind
reduces intra-occular pressure
Ind
bronchio-dilator and expectorant

Effects of Sativa (high THC, low CBN/CBD):

Sat
more stimulating and uplifting
Sat
energizing and thought provoking
Sat
increases focus and creativity
Sat
supports immune system
Sat
best for use in daytime

Benefits:
Sat
reduces nausea
Sat
stimulates the appetite
Sat
fights drepression
Sat
positive, uplifting, cerebral effect
Sat
energizes and stimulates
Sat
promotes creativity
Sat
relieves headaches and migraines
Sat
relaxes muscles, relieves pain
Sat
acts as an expectorant

Hybrid Stain Crosses:

Most cannabis seeds and medicine available today are from hybrids - crosses of Sativa and Indica varieties. This allows cultivators to enjoy and select for various desired characteristics of growth, appearance and effect.

The genetics and hence the effects of one lineage will usually be dominant. For example: Indica-dominant crosses are for pain relief, with the sativa component helping with energy and activity levels.

Sativa-dominant crosses are good for stimulating appetite, with the indica component helping to reduce body pain and increase relaxation.

Cannabis has been proven helpful in relieving the symptoms of thousands of conditions, including:

Hyb
pain from various ailments and injuries
Hyb
arthritis, bursitis
Hyb
migrains
Hyb
multiple sclerosis
Hyb
hepatitis C
Hyb
fibromyalgia
Hyb
mental/emotional health issues including anxiety, stress, depression,hyperactive and hormonal disorders
Hyb
nausea and low appetite
Hyb
HIV/AIDS
Hyb
cancer and chemotherapy
Hyb
crohn’s
Hyb
muscular dystrophy
Hyb
epilepsy, parkinson’s
Hyb
asthma, emphysema
Hyb
glaucoma and other intra-ocular disorders
Hyb
skin diseases such as pruritis and psoriasis
Hyb
back pain and muscle spasms
Hyb
paraplegia and quadriplegia
Hyb
insomnia and other sleep disorders

Hello Zoolady

The long copy and pasted answer above is somewhat accurate.Copied from patientsmarijuana,org

You should be looking for a strain high in THC and low in CBD. THC is the chemical that produces the high effects of marijuana and CBD counter acts these effects.

Outdoorfun posted the information that sativas are higher THC and lower CBD but that is a generalization that just isn’t 100% true.

I have grown medicinal marijuana for licensed dispensaries and had to have quality checks and cannabinoid analysis. I would suggest White Widow or Medijuana. Both are hybrids that are more Indica than Sativa, and are 2 of the plants that have the highest THC to CBD ratios. These are also pretty easy to grow. If you are open to suggestions, I would recommend eating the cannabis raw. You get a much higher quantity of canniboids this way. Another suggestion would be to grow a plant with a high CBD concentration. Medically speaking the CBDs offer more in the way of anti-inflammatory benefits.

Cannatonic and Charlotte’s Web are strains with high CBD to THC ratio. Strangly Charlotte’s web is a predominately Sativa straim. Hmmm

Hope this helps
Scooter

I read about people chewing them up and swallowing juice,some right off of live plant,and getting good relief but without intensity of smoking but I thought bunch of nonsense.

I tried it and it does work rather well.Not too intense,lasts about 1-2 hours depending on what you prefer and you can always chew up more.I used dry leaves from under buds and tasted sweet,then peppery,and then sweet again until neutral.Then spit out and it does work rather well.
I’m guessing buds would work great also if not better.
I made hot tea and it worked also and had a good taste.Sweet and peppery.