Best Trichomes magnifying tool

Best Trichomes magnifying tool used , I have only one working eye, it seems a person will need at least a 60x and higher magnifying microscope or jewelry loupe’s, but loupes seem to stop at 10x , can’t see shit with that.
All suggestions welcome, links where to purchase appreciated.

3 Likes

For a cheap one this works fine

Hands down some type of digital microscope.
A couple of quick shots from yesterday

you can zoom in for a closer look

I use a Plugable USB2 attached to my laptop. I’ve used the scope a couple of years. At high level of magnification you must have a solid stand. Any vibration or movement makes taking photos impossible.

5 Likes

30 to 40 bucks for microscope another 15 for mic stand. Now i know instead of guessing.

7 Likes

CK the Bay too. I got mine <20$ shipped. 14 bucks maybe

1 Like

Thanks for the reply , I’m willing to pay up towards say 80 ish bucks for the real deal.

1 Like

Go digital then.
There are several and you should get some good suggestions here.

1 Like

@Audiofreak thats a damn good idea. Will any mic holder work or did you have to rig up a special attachment? I have the same exact microscope just different brand so that would really come in handy!

2 Likes

The mic stand came with 2 mounts and they fit the scope perfectly. This is my 2nd stand both came with appropriate mounts.

4 Likes

Apparently a mic handle is the same deminsion as the scope so it is perfect. I can manipulate the scope up,down,left,right even upside down. Only angle i cant do is inside out.

3 Likes

Wireless Digital Microscope Handheld USB HD Inspection Camera 50x-1000x Magnification with Flexible Stand Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Android, Mac, Windows Computer (Black) https://a.co/d/3qpiIkO

I’ve been really happy with this one, I adjust it so I just lightly press it against a bud and it’s in focus. Then button press on phone takes picture.

3 Likes

The scope falls under the old addage “the right tool for the right job”!

1 Like

My scope originally came with a flex stand. It frustrated me every time I touched it to adjust focus, move it etc. It took what seemed forever for it to stop vibrating. I junked the stand and replaced it with a solid aluminum stand. I am much happier although the stand cost more than the scope

When I want to play around I use a camera tripod with an extension arm

3 Likes

No doubt there is a bit of fiddling around getting it focused but when you do its a good detailed image. With practice it a little less bothersome. But end result is WELL WORTH the cost and bother especially considering its a kinda important decision as to when to CHOP.

3 Likes

I have a scope, couldn’t be patient enough with it to do it.

I use a clip on macro lens for my cellphone.
Specifically this one, because it’s cheap.

1 Like

Questions about trichomes…

I have a pot for pot magnifying floppy thing for my phone. Wasn’t sure if anyone could see these good enough to tell me.

1 Like

If you are asking if ready for harvest it is not.

2 Likes