Best to dry and cure before using to cook with?

Do you have to dry and cure your flowers before using it to make butter or other oils for using to cook with? Does it have an effect on terps and potency or even taste? Using for medical if it makes a difference. Appreciate your hints and tips in advance!

you have to at least dry…cure is not necessary in your scenario

3 Likes

Can go straight to oven to dry…150 or so. Then either up temp to 230 and decarb for 45 minutes or can also dry…place in mason jar DRY with top at 230 for hour or so. Shaking every 15 minutes to make sure all decarbed. I freeze my stuff fresh till enough for a large batch of oils. Medical.

1 Like

The speed of the dry will affect your flavors. A low slow dry will make it taste better at the end of the process. But if you need something fast, throwing it into a dehydrator (most air fryers have a dehydrate function), and then into the oven at 220-235°F like Storm said for the decarb will work.

I like to use Everclear to make a QWET solution for edibles etc, it makes the dosage so much easier to calculate.

2 Likes

I have the perfect calculator. Eat a piece…if still awake in 2 hours eat another…lol.

2 Likes

It will. But good olive oil has almost no weed taste after. 3.5 oz in last run. DARK. cant tell it is in my baked goods.

1 Like

Very nice. I wish I liked olive oil more. Avocado might be my next try. MCT just absorbed all the weed flavor. It was … weedy. :rofl:

2 Likes

Avacado might be good. My coconut…weed. honey…weed. olive…olive.

2 Likes