Best time to start seeds?

I got my seeds today! I’m so excited I want to start germinating now!

According to lunar planting I should wait until August 8th and the farmers almanac best days for planting above ground crops is August 14th.

South Texas and it’s obviously late in the season so I’m anxious to get them going but I want to give them a good start. First time grower. Does it really matter?

3 Likes

Ultimately if you have a decent light to veg with until it’s time for outside, you can start them at any time.

5 Likes

@Covertgrower Shoot I should have mentioned that after germination they are going straight outside.

1 Like

Yeah it’s already getting late in the season, I’d plant the seeds now.

4 Likes

@Hellraiser Heard! I’m on it thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community ! Yeah I would definitely germinate an get some healthy seedlings before transplant outside . they will make what they make before frist Frost.

3 Likes

Those who are growing their marijuana plants from clones do not need to begin until the summertime. This ensures that the plant has enough time in the vegetative state to get long enough before the flowering time begins. Again, it is best if the flowering period begins just after the summer solstice, and plants grown from clones require less time than those grown from seeds. Then, clones really just require the summer to grow tall enough to be ready for flowering.

1 Like

Bout too late now outside to start photos, unless started indoors under a light.

“Photos”? I don’t have a light to start them indoors.

1 Like

Photos equal Photoperiod plants. They are going to start budding if started outside in the Southern states as soon as they get a foot or less tall. It’s way past the summer solstice now. You could start them under a light '24/7 indoors for say a month and put them outside but short of that save the seeds for next year.

I got 3 6 inch tall plants budding right now and I knew better! Lol!!

1 Like

Any way I can accomplish that without a grow light? :woman_facepalming: In negotiations of this project with hubby I can’t buy black market anymore so I need to grow at least enough to get me through till the more ideal growing season.

1 Like

ILGM Autoflower seeds.

1 Like

Yea it’s a bit pricey but with a budget of about 700$ you can set up a great 3x3 or a OK 4x4 anything lower and you’ll be buying inferior products and end up spending more later on upgrades, what I recommend is either plunge into indoor growing, getting autoflower seeds(you’ll still be cutting it super close), or just wait till spring next year

2 Likes

For most of us that grow outdoors August would be to late. You can start them now but they probably won’t produce enough to get you to next season. If you grow indoors you could get 3 crops in by next outdoor season. I start my plants inside in April then move them outside in June.

2 Likes

Mighty late, won’t have any veg time it will go straight to flower quickly a waste of good seed eh?

1 Like

They are already in water so it’s already done. Might as well see what I can get out of them. If I could get an ounce total out of the two I’ll consider it a glorious success. I can stretch it pretty good. We shall see. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Damn that’s a hell of a budget! :rofl: I’m over here with my $200 budget. Half of which was spent on seeds. Lol I can add on in the future of course.

1 Like

Hey! So I bought a light for a month of 24/7 as you’ve suggested. I have them in solo cups. Should I move them to a larger pot for this indoor month? Probably a stupid question… my tomato plants don’t mind a month in solo cups but I think hemp grows faster than tomatoes.

2 weeks in solo cups max then I’d transplant them or they’ll just stop growing

1 Like

Heard. Thanks!

1 Like