Best temperature to plant my OG kush

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“Hey guys just wondering if you could tell me in degrees Celsius, what would be the best temp to plant my OG kush? Would it survive a winter in Melbourne, Australia? As I’m looking for a strain to withstand the cold. Also how long can a seed last before being planted? Thanks heaps for your help.”

How cold does it get in the winters over there?

During the day ideal temperatures range between 20 -28 Celsius. At night ideal range is between 17-22 Celsius.

Ideally it is good to not have more of a difference between night and day of 10 degrees
These conditions might be more geared towards indoor grows though.

Here is a link to a handy article written by Robert Bergman, about 3/4 through the article he touches on outdoor temps.

Cannabis seeds can be stored up to 10 years if stored properly. It’s best to store them in a cool dry dark place.

Hope this helps.

I would be growing outdoors and in the winter it gets down to about 8-10 in the day and down to about 4-5 at night!

I’ve heard that OG Kush does best at 25.6°C during the day and 20°C at night (78°F day / 66°F night). I’ve never grown OG myself though.

I brought O.G Kush because it is said to be better than some varieties in high temperatures. I’m in the Tropics of FNQ and it’s doing really well at 25’c+ to 22ç at night indoor.
Wish I could be more help other than saying use the ILGM filter for “Cold Climate” strains.
Good luck.