Best soil to use?

Okay I think I’m going to keep it on the side just in case I need quick nutes if I’m not able to provide them in the future

What’s your recommended ratio for veg

What about flower?

Thanks for the tag…looks like you are getting all the help you need :wink: told you the forum got yo back :sunglasses: as for using MG nute line i cant offer anything as iv not used it or even read about using it, sorry.

Good luck with your grow :slight_smile: i will be lerking in the background!

1 Like

All good thanks anyways

No worries, anytime :slight_smile:

MG is bad for MJ for a few reasons.

1- they have publicly said they don’t want their products used to grow MJ so…
2- they have time released fertilizers. If u run into a problem u can not flush MG it will make the problem worse
3- they have publicly said they don’t support MJ and would rather not have the business than to have their products used to grow it.

Yes I know I said it twice. It’s the best reason in my opinion not to use it and oh ya it sucks for MJ

It’s your plant and your grow u can use what u wish but there are a lot of companies that make products that are MJ friendly so if u have a choice…

Wow, I didn’t know I was that ignorant… thank you for the information

@Wildwest you said you use biobuzz and perlite mix right?

I sure hope I didn’t make u feel that way. Totally not my goal.

Don’t worry I’m not sensitive. I only say that because there’s so much to this hobby that I haven’t thought about you know? That’s all.

Like even all the researching I’ve been doing hasn’t been pretty narrow you know lights grow space humidity ph but I knew all soils aren’t the same but I didn’t know that there were Companies’s specifically designed to deter a specifc type of plant because of their personal beliefs or feelings. It’s just really interesting to me that there are things good for plants and then there things good for weed specifically.

2 Likes

I use a mix of vermifire nectar for the gods#4 and roots originals. I add ancient earth for the acids at about 15%. Just gotta mix well so it’s consistent.

Is that a soil base mix?

It the root orgins a nutes? Same with the earth one?

If not what nutes do you use? For both veg and flower.

I’ve read about perlite and it sounds like it’s amazing for none hydro methods

I grow in soil. The NFTG, Roots and vermifire are soils. The ancient earth adds humeric and other acids.

That mix will carry u past veg without nutes. I use NFTG and Advanced Nutrients for nutes in flower.

All of these soils have added perlite and the vermifire has clay balls. No need for added perlite or vermiculite.

2 Likes

So all I would need to do is buy flowering nutes? If I use that soil base?

What about bugs and pest do you have a problem with that? Mg attracts a lot of flies Ive noticed. Leave the door or window open to the house for a while and flies come into the house and go chill by the ladies… do yours have this same issue?

Flies love MJ. But why shouldn’t they. Lol. Pests are a problem no matter what kind of soil u use. They happen. I use a spray on my plants called spectracide and if need b top the soil with vermiculite which cuts up any soft bodied insects like fungus gnats and doesn’t displace like DIatamacious Earth does when u water.

2 Likes

Iv learnt something new today :slight_smile: thanks @anon95385719 iv always wondered why the DE clumped together like it did when i watered, its go almost clay like…so i should invest in some vercumilite, yes? I noticed afew bit marks today and iv already got the yellow fly trap things just need something to top the soil off…

1 Like

I found vermiculite to work best and I tried

DE
Apple cider vinegar
Traps
Peroxide
Potatoes
Sprays

All it took was vermiculite.

1 Like

Excellent thats going in the basket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you I will for sure use your soil mix. Asap

2 Likes

NFTG???
stretchgfw😎

Nectar for the gods

I’m curious will my seedling sprout if planted in coco loco?