Best soil for an indoor grow in fabric pots?

Just finishing up a 4 plant grow with 5 gallon fabric pots under a 1000 watt HPS in a few weeks and about to start a new batch.

I used Miracle Grow Cactus soil for this grow, and have used Happy Frog in the past, both seemed okay. Is there a soil that’s better significantly or am I good with the cactus soil?

I did seem to have to water the cactus soil fabric pots pretty often. They get 1/4 gallon per plant every day, but that is with low humidity (25%-35%) when not using a humidifier in an open room. There is no grow tent.

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

FF ocean is what a lot use. Miracle grow is not good for growing cannabis, although some have had success. nutes are time released.

2 Likes

Roots organics original is my go to. I don’t touch the MG for consumables. I’ll use it on stuff that isn’t consumed like flowers and decorative plants.

2 Likes

Okay, but it’s great for palm trees that I’ve used it on. Will probably switch back to Fox Farm.

No doubt. I use it on mine as well. I just don’t use it on plants that I’m going to consume. Same company as Round Up that’s attributed to causing cancer.

2 Likes

I prefer Fox Farm Ocean Forest for indoor. I’ve had no issues with it at all

2 Likes

Ya, I get it. Glyphosate.

The only issue I have with ocean forest is the need for extra perlite and that the soil gets hydrophobic when it dries.

2 Likes

I would look at hp promix and i would add in worm castings and bat guano and kelp meal fish bone meal

@BobbyDigital I bought a bag of perlite to mix in, but I haven’t really had to use any of it

I use happy frog. I sledgehammer the old soil and mix it half and half with new stuff. It needs extra perlite too.

1 Like

I use coast of Maine. It’s made to host autoflowers and feed is minimal. Only available on the east coast.

1 Like

Umm, so do you mean literally sledgehammering? I usually dump my old soil into the backyard to grow blackberries and raspberries.

I’m starting to like autoflowers. Not available online at all?

It’s available online. They have several different blends to choose from.

1 Like

I use a fox farms sledgehammer saponin, recharge and whatever I have worm and fish.
I use sieve to get all the roots out of the soil. What 's left over I use for house plants.

1 Like