Best Silica Option?

Getting things together for my second grow. My first I did not use Silica, but wished I had! Question is, what do you think the best option for Silica is? Liquid Silica or Diatomaceous earth? Or both? Thanks! Also correct me if I’m completely wrong but I think I once read that Diatomaceous earth is 90% Silica or something like that.

1 Like

I do both but i run organic boosted coco coir all silica liquids are more or less the same which is soluble potash so just so id just get armor si

4 Likes

I use silica boost by bloom city but DE does add silica with the added benefit of killing crawly things

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response! So sounds like I should definitely run with both! Now comes the Soil I’m going to use? I have no clue yet :sob: Used FFHF first grow and did fine with it. Just looking to see if there is a better option? (Besides Coco Coir, I wouldn’t have the time to water/feed every day)

1 Like

I think I read a post about a Soil someone here uses and you DO NOT have to ph the water at all! Never! Sounds awesome! I kinda think it was @MeEasy (could be wrong)

4 Likes

Its 20-30 mins a day and thats if you’re feeding daily with jacks if you only feed once a week like most plans you can be done in 10 mins if you know exxactly how many drops of ph down per gallon you need, not hard at all its just my daily routine , feed the girls , go to kitchen and make a cup of tea and coffee. There is no phless soil since its water thats the issue but if your source doesnt change you only need to measure once for 5.8, 6, and 6.2 in coco

3 Likes

Earth Dust. Yes MeEasy has the thread.

2 Likes

Good Morning, I started using ED after @MeEasy suggested it and I am so happy I did. It makes life so easy. I am in week 8 of flower. :blush::v:

9 Likes

Daaaamn @Flitme . Got a jungle also. Isnt ED wonderful.

3 Likes

ED is awesome :sunglasses:. I am very happy with this grow I just wish the temps would cooperate a little. :blush::v:

3 Likes

Using silica blast from botanicare, works great!
Something tells me there isnt a right or wrong answer though.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @GreenSnek :birthday::tada::balloon::gift:. Have a Great Day :blush::v:

2 Likes

Anniversary not birthday looks like ive been growing for about 2 years now

3 Likes