Best sativas for california desert

A question from a fellow grower:

We live in the California desert, where temperatures in the summer can reach 115F. In the winter we have average high 70s to low 80s. Naturally it is very dry.
Which sativa seeds would be best for this climate, to be grown outside?

I always like to advise that you should go to the Seed Shop, and read all the descriptions. Noting is going to grow outside at 115f, but your Winter temps sound perfect. How cold at night though? The best grow environment in regards to temp. change is no more than 10 degrees cooler at night. Up to 20 degrees cooler at night is OK, If your temps drop more than that; I would recommend some type of shelter.

Let me know what you find to your likiing in the Shop. :slight_smile:

I’m in the so ca desert I have 1 strawberry-blue going it’s about 6 1/2 feet high. It’s got some nice bud starting now. I think I moved it outside in early May, I think about 1more month to go. My others are skunk clones. Lakewood was right about the temperature 105 to low of about high 60’s plants won’t be top shelf stuff. But it’s not bad either. Just watch the soil for dryness.
Made some great edibles with it from first plant.
Tom

Try looking for an equatorial landrace sativa strain.

Hey thanks but I have no idea what that is. But I will look in to it.

Go with a sativa dominant strain in the shop @tlkbear, equatorial landrace sativa strains are what many of our sativas are bred from.

-or-

http://shop.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/collections/outdoor-sunny/sativa-dominant

~MacG

Thanks for the info Mac you guys are always great help
Tom