Best Reverse Osmosis Watering Systems?

Thank you guys for some wonderful ideas!

I use the RO buddy and 5-gallon water jugs that would be used on an office water station. I have the ability to put the hose in the jug turn the system on and walk away. Come back in a few hours and have water. I have two 5 gallon jugs that work great.

1 Like

Just completed my RO system last weekend, and I’m filling a couple 5 gal containers. Only thing I noticed is that it’s hard to get ph right. Anyone else have this issue or suggestions? Looks like it’s around 30 ppm which is kinda nice for flushing.
@PharmerBob
@Grundo
@Gardenguy
@Skydiver
@Nicky
@Bubblehead

1 Like

Nutrients then ph

Even cal/mag for just watering you need something in there to help balance

3 Likes

@PharmerBob has you covered. When you make the RO you strip all the minerals and you can’t pH the water. It acts like distilled water.

1 Like

I put my pH meter in the water and stir as I add buffer solutions one drip at a time for flush for growing like PharmerBob said nutrients first.

Congrats on the new RO unit…

As stated you don’t need to PH the RO water by itself. It will be fine if your just using RO to water them as is. The RO water won’t affect the PH of soil by itself.
You should periodically check your fresh RO water for PPM as if say it climbs in PPM double compared to when new after a year of use that will key you into needing to replace filters. Usually the carbon filter/s need replaced around once a year and the membrane filter every two years depending on quality of water being filtered.

If you add nutrients to the RO water you will then have enough dissolved solids in the water to be able to get an accurate reading for PH and of course PPM and this is where you’ll check and adjust PH within range if needed before feeding.
Keep the stored RO water in buckets as is. You don’t want to mix up any nutrient solution until you are going to use it. So pre mixing and letting that sit for any length of time isn’t recommended for some nutrients.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the valuable info! I will be starting a fresh grow soon and can’t wait to see how it goes without bad water.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag, the guys beat me to it though and you got all the info u would have given.
@Skydiver great reply

2 Likes

A little late but yes I agree with the above statements. Good luck😎

I hate waste, does anyone have a use for the “waste” water from an R/O system?

I hate waste to but where I live there’s plenty of rain etc so I don’t collect the waste water.
You could do that I guess and use outside for things or just dump it outside and let it percolate into the water table.

2 Likes

Great, concise thread…looks like I’m taking the home RO plunge with the RO Buddy.

Thanks, guys!