Best nutrients?

Hi i am a new grower i’m on my 5th grow and so far all of my grows have been terrible but ive still managed to get like 2 oz off of each plant and they are auto growers. This grow i did add Epson salt molasses and dechlorinated my water to my routine and they have made improvements. I have been using cal-mag and advanced nutrients but i think i am ready to make a change especially since this time i want to try my luck with photo periods.I’ve heard the best nutrients is Jack’s but i wanted to see if there are anymore suggestions? I also would like to see if there was any other tips or process i should be doing other than checking the ph levels and adding nutrients and the salt and molasses. I dont even know how to use the tds monitor so please anything you can suggest will help. :pensive:

2 Likes

This is one we use durring the entire life cycle. It works great solo and is a great addition to any tea.
Happy growing…

2 Likes

Jacks 321 is the cheapest, easiest to use nutrient line I have used… and I have used at least a half dozen different nutrient lines. It is dry nutrients so you aren’t paying for watered down nutrients in bottles. Lasts for a lot of grows too :call_me_hand:t3::v::bear:

15 Likes

My vote is Jack’s 321. I am a Fox Farms grower. At some point I will try Jack’s.

10 Likes

I just started using a TDS meter it’s a breeze .
I’m on my first grow …outdoors photos
I use fox farms trio …fox farms cal mag
I also use the fox farm open sesame,Beastie Bloomz ,and cha Ching which i haven’t used yet …I start that next week .

3 Likes

I vote jacks super simple to use and it will last a long while. Lol.

5 Likes

So jacks it is! Is there any other helpful tips someone has that can improve my grow?

1 Like

How do you change the outcome of the tds though thats what i get stuck on like yes i can check it but how do i get it to the right number?

1 Like

Is there feeding schedule easy to go by or what schedule do you use?

1 Like

Hey @MattyBear ,

Do you have any experience with the General Hydro Trio?

I’ve never tried Jacks but I hear a lot of positivity for it on this forum.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s super easy. 3.6 grams Part A, 1.2 grams Epsom salts, mix well, 2.4 grams Part B, mix well and ph. You can do the entire grow seedling to harvest with just that schedule, but a lot of people buy MPK and feed the first 2-3 weeks of flower with an adjusted schedule, and then back to 321 the rest of the way. I bought a kit that came with 321 plus a flower booster, finish formula and clone formula. They have a schedule for using all that too. Super simple to follow and a lot of experienced growers use it and can help you along the way :call_me_hand:t3::v::bear:

1 Like

Yes, I gave it one round and I wasn’t a fan. I liked that line the least out of what I have used TBH

1 Like

Id have to vote for Jacks 321 schedule as well its extremely easy to use last a long time even the 2lb bags will last several grows the plants love it and ive even ran some high ppm feeds and never nute burnt the girls its also reasonably priced compared to many other nutrient companies only down side is not alot of websites or retail chains carry it so you are almost forced to buy it directly from them

3 Likes

I looked and amazon has both part a and part b

Do I apply it directly to the soil or does it mix into the water sorry if its a dumb question advance nutrients make me mix it with the water and thats how i think i am getting nute burn each grow.

1 Like

So this should be all that i need right or am i missing something? I appreciate all the help you guys seeing them wither each grow really has been putting me down alot lately because I really wanna succeed and watch them thrive!

Add to the water one part at a time (part a first, then part b, then the epsom salt )

I don’t know anything about that bloom additive

1 Like

Actually want to do part a, then add epsom salt, and then add part b.

Yeah don’t need the bloom, most of us Jacks users don’t use it.

4 Likes

Dammit I thought I was doing that wrong thanks @Hellraiser

Would that have anything to do with my ppms being so redonk high? I doubt it but it would explain a lot

1 Like

Wouldn’t think so but not mixing it in the right order is going to cause issues with some nutrients not being fully available. If you’ve been doing that, I’d flush at next watering opportunity and re-feed with properly mixed jacks (or just flush with jacks). You can add epsom to the part a and when that is fully dissolved, add the part b, then ph adjust as needed.

2 Likes