Best nutrient line up?

Jack’s has been around forever. It just never marketed to cannabis industry. If you are a nursery, farmer, greenhouse grower, you have Jacks products or Peters is another traditional fertilizer company. I don’t use them, I grow in soil, and switching from FF to advanced nutrients. Advanced is big time hydro also coco and soil.

from what I’ve read online jacks are more like minerals.
I’m going to look into purchasing a small bag to try it.
I’m using a 5-gallon bucket with 2 air stones. @CoyoteCody

is jacks ok to use for clones? @CoyoteCody @Loudman @Covertgrower

This is what I’m using.
3.6 of part a mix
1.2 of Epsom salt mix
2.4 of part b mix
Ph the solution and water.

I use it in my coco coir from day one, as well as my clones.

1 Like

Jacks is a well rounded nutrient that’s gentle enough even for seedlings and clones. Clones should be treated as adults after they get roots.

Here’s my Jacks grow:

@Covertgrower any nice fat colas yet?

Second week into flower. None yet. I update weekly, and you can follow along in my journal. Some of those yellow leaves from some light burn. I just didn’t remove the leaves.

@Covertgrower what kind of lights are you using?

I’m using Cree CXB3590 COB’s. It’s a fixture from Rapid LED (website) I really love them, and extremely efficient. I think I flowered last time with 400W in a 4x4.

The plant on the right always looked sick through the entire grow and the day I switched to jacks it perked up and has been doing great ever since. Week 3 in flower

1 Like

@Loudman they look healthy. you can tell by the colour.
did you say you were using GH before Jacks?

1 Like

Yes I was using the GH then switched

The best is a loaded question… depends on where you live and whats available. If you can readily get one product and not the one you want… well?? GH is really common, heck we can buy it at the hardware store here!

i’m inquiring about jacks cause I can order it online. but they haven’t gotten back to me yet. i do want the best possible ingredients for my recipe thats what I posted on this forum to see what everyone else is using. keep in mind i’m using a 5 gallon DWC non recirculated with 2 air stones. i was reading about a perfect ph but i don’t think its precise enough to keep my solution between 5.5 - 5.8

any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

@Cannabian

Because you will be growing in non recirculating buckets, ph and ec will need fairly constant babysitting. As will temperature! May I ask why you dont buy some bulkheads, pvc pipe and a pump? The advantage of a reservoir is massive! Gives you time and solution stability. Also a way to separate the tank from the warm environment that creates hot solution. You may need a chiller even with a reservoir? If you live in a hot region?
As for the ferts they are primarily salts of something, most are made in a similar way. Some are in a powder form and require dissolving, whereas others are in a liquid carrier and simply require stirring. But in essence, they all work the same. You want to use a food, where the manufacturer at least has a basic recipe fir success. The other thing that I would consider is commonplace ferts that other users here are familiar with, it makes it far easier to diagnose an issue and figure out a fix. Sorry I cant be more specific!

i’m aware that the ph and ec needs to be watched carefully.
I am getting a ink bird 306a temp controller and a laguna air pump for the air stones in the reservoir. I live in Toronto Canada. I wanted to do a recirculating system but i’m doing this grow in a 4x4 tent. and I only bought 1 450w quantum board (sf4000)
so it was cheaper just to use a 5 gallon dwc cause I can make 1 for a fraction of the price. recirculating gave me the impression i would need a lot of room and a lot more supplies. I’d like to try jacks nutrients for sure cause I’ve heard good things about it.
I look for the cheapest possible way but i don’t like allowing that to effect the quality of my vision so i spend the money on the things that truly benefit the final product.
I do think the LED’s and the over sized inline fan along with the tent will benefit my harvest but I will wait and see as i’m a first time grower but i’ve spent months putting this together so I hope I am doing it correctly.

Jacks nutrients is .03 cents a gallon approximately in cost. It works, and it works well.

I wish I would have found them on my first grow. Lighting will be the other largest expense, if you spend it on proper lighting, it will return to you in yields.

Lighting, the air pump and the t8 inline fan has been the most expensive pieces.
I got my sf4000 thru Alibaba so I saved about 200$ even after it was delivered right to my front door from China. ($588.00)CAD.
I might buy another sf4000 at a later date but i’m growing in a 4x4 tent with 1 5 gallon bucket planning to do 2 plants from seed in my 10 inch mesh pot with clay pebbles.
So I don’t know i’ll need another quantum board. I still haven’t completed this project yet and when I start something I like finishing it otherwise it’s a waste of money.
I just ordered a heat mat for my humidity dome today.
I do believe it will turn out nice with the right fertilizer thats why I like to see what experienced growers are doing and try to adapt to the right way if i’m going to try doing something new. I will post along the way just cause its a fun hobby and i find enjoyment out of it. I’ve heard having good lights, leaving it in veg for 8 weeks, using the right fertilizer, having good air circulation and keeping it at the right levels with give me a good dense harvest.
I even got the sf4000 on a timer so its precise.

@Covertgrower

1 Like

Excellent, you won’t be disappointed.

Just recently moved one of my grow rooms to coco, and I’ve been using Dr Earths. I’m interested in going with Jacks for my coco grows, and got several questions if you don’t mind. First off do you guys water With Jacks to keep your plants on the drier side, or water to run off? If you water to run off, do y’all then let your bags dry out before watering again?