ConcreteBudz Indoor 420Garden Adventure šŸ¤Æ

Bar styled lights are great. Hlg popular because people know exactly what they are getting and kits are easy enough to assemble while saving some money over built fixture.

Generally speaking, if components are of same quality and performance the greater spread of coverage is superior.

1 Like

The DIY bar style light video you sent me does he have a list of everything I will need to order in that video?

1 Like

I think so. Links are in description

1 Like

Unfortunately, with salt based nutrients, you have to water to run-off, then dispose of that run-off. Even pouring that down the drain messes with the P-cycle.

A healthy medium biome grows incredibly healthy plants. Organics is solely about feeding that biome, which in turn feeds your plants.

People grow organically for many reasons. To call organic growing preferences pseudoscience is incredibly inaccurate and wrong.

2 Likes

You arenā€™t wrong, but he isnā€™t either. You donā€™t have to look far to find people trying to say things about organic growing that go against science. To quantify using the term

Is difficult because it would depend on what one person heard or read vs another. If it mattered to me, I could find several instances on this forum alone of people suggesting things about organics that science contradicts. Doesnā€™t mean all if the information is ā€œpseudoscienceā€, nor does it discount your approach or explanation.

1 Like

Just because some people on this forum make ignorant and non-science based suggestions regarding organics, does not make organics pseudoscience.

I could find a million points about people misunderstanding pH, rh, vpd, etc, but I donā€™t discount the actual science, only the people passing off bad info/opinions. Such as organic growing is pseudoscience.

See the difference?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve worked in organic agriculture (long ago now). My outdoor garden/yard is entirely organic (by OMRI standards) and regenerative. Iā€™m not against organic farming, but that means many things to different people. I was intentional in the way a couched my statement.

Please understand that I didnā€™t intend to offend anyone. But pseudoscientific claims abound in cannabis community; In that way weā€™re the same as broader society. Anecdotes are treated as fact, and we donā€™t do enough to examine our own biases. And to be very fair, due to legal restrictions it was nearly impossible for our community to conduct peer-reviewed research.

Lastly, I just want to circle back to my argument in favor of synthetic nutrients. My point, and actually itā€™s Dr. MJ Cocoā€™s thesis, is that we ought to consider the environmental impact of the electricity we use, and optimize yield to lessen that impact. If we werenā€™t burdened by ridiculous legal restrictions, many of us would grow under the sun, and yield would be less of an issue.

3 Likes

I do. I would first say that those comments are not limited to this forum. But he also didnā€™t say organics were pseudoscience. He said ā€œmuch of what you hear as justification for organic growing is pseudoscienceā€. Do you see the difference?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 pacific light concepts is out of stock of the photo boost strips. Do you know anywhere else I can order them?

Iā€™m on the alert list to be emailed when there back in stock before there put online. I hope itā€™s soon! I wanna order everything!

Not that specific strip. He has then made and doesnā€™t farm them out to any other retailers that I know of. There are similar strips available, but most would at least require different driver.

1 Like

Iā€™ll wait a while n see how long it takes DONT wanna wait toooo long though I think imma order everything except those for now though so I have it right? Then I HAVE to wait for those strips though then huh? Lol Iā€™m just excited to start!! :heart_eyes:

Up to you. Would hate to be stuck with a driver that doesnā€™t work for other strips if it takes months for strips to restock.

1 Like

True true. What are some of my other options? Just incase

1 Like

Cutter makes strips similar to the photo boost in terms of size and performance, they are just higher voltage. Chilled tech and Samsung make strips with reds too, but they are quite a bit different altogether.

1 Like

Well imma give it a few days then I guess see what happens fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:. Iā€™d really like to order it all this week!! As far as the chilled tech and Samsung strips what makes them different? Are they better strips? Just different technology?

@dbrn32 you know anything or seen the Growers choice roi-e720 light? Thoughts??

They are on wider pcbā€™s and contain multiple rows of leds. Otherwise I would say they are all using similar technology. From that point the module with the most leds would have the best performance at the same power level.

Growers choice roi lights look nice for the price.

1 Like

If the photo boost strips arenā€™t back soon Iā€™ll probably end up ordering the gc e720.

1 Like

@dbrn32 seen some bad reviews for roi -e720 saying itā€™s not as powerful as they claim and the par/umol output on it is off from what they claim and site claims. Few peoples saying they just wish they stuck with the roi e680. Idk so many options I just wanna get my light n grow! Haha now Iā€™m looking into chilled tech x6 600 :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I canā€™t make up my mind!

1 Like