Best Moisture / Light meter?

Measuring and evaluating L.E.D. light should be done on a comparative basis. Measure a known good sample and compare the measurements to your test samples.

All of the Extech light meters are calibrated for visible light at a color temperature (white balance) of 2856K (incandescent - ~560nm).

The spectral response of the sensor and filter is designed to meet C.I.E.photopic (human eye response curve).

L.E.D. light, depending on the color, is radiating at a different color wavelength than incandescent light.

Example – ~red L.E.D. is 700-640nm, green is ~550-520nm, and blue is ~480-450nm.

A “white” L.E.D. can be either made up of Red, Green and Blue (RGB) L.E.D. light or they can use a phosphorus material to convert blue or UV light to a broad spectrum white light. Both methods are not monochromatic but produce a range of wavelengths of light

An L.E.D., especially white, can also emit a slightly different light at different operating temperatures and currents. So your test setup should consider these 2 factors for repeatability.

When trying to measure the light output of a L.E.D. you will notice from the supplied CIE photopic light response graph, that there is a roll off of the amount of light measured above and below the nominal human eye response (550nm).

The model 407026 Extech light meter has a built in calibration adjustment for various light sources.

For all other Extech light meters, you can apply these correction factors to your measurements based on the type of light source.

As mentioned above, for L.E.D. light, you need to perform a comparative measurement process.

Yes you were right to an extent probably 75-80% right, but a lux meter is used to measure any source of light bro

What is PAR

PAR lights are often used in theatrical or live music shows. Commonly they are used to generate colours by fitting them with colored sheets called gels. The cans are arranged into rows of different colours and identical rows placed on different sides of the stage. Due to their affordability, they are ideal for colour washes in several different colours. However, because of the lack of control over the beam diameter, shape and sharpness, PARs are rarely used as front of house lights other than for front washes but can be used for special effect lighting such as lighting from directly above or from extreme angles as well as general wash lights overhead/above stage. If used cleverly, par cans can provide low budget productions with good effects.

Wanted to share with you guys a picture of my Panama red plant here is a bud she is 6’3 tall and about 3’ wide by 4’ wide. One of the very bottom buds next to the soil

2 Likes

I was in lowes earlier and saw moisture meter busted out laughing. Didn’t see the red vest behind me :joy: Move on down the aisles Then my little son starts gettin squirmy old dude says it’s ok sweetie must be boring for a girl or something. I just go with it and say yeah she wants to run He turns to my older son and says something about his “sister” and he goes he’s my brother. Old dude turns all slow looking at me weird lol. Maybe I’ll hit up Home Depot next time

2 Likes