Best lights for starting plants

That’s crazy bro
And I understand not wanting to spend the $
And since your in the sunshine :sunny: state you already have the best light most of the year so :+1:
I probably would only start mine indoors if I where down there to cover those few months that the sun is at is weakest
It’s also why I use leds to keep power down
Less heat load and what not

1 Like

Yeah, I count myself as very fortunate to have such a long growing season!

Only really about 3 weeks worth of freezing temperatures here and those conditions are spread out over a 2-3 month period.

Not much sunshine today. This new cold front is almost here. Will be relatively cold here to kick off the new year. Might even get to freezing temperatures this weekend. Shouldn’t last long, though. :grin:

Nice yeah I tried fla for a hot min but I feel the same way about NY that you do about FLa
I live up state 90 min north of NYC work in the city but have a love hate relationship with it $ is great but city life they can keep it lol
On 2 1/2 acres so I have my country lifestyle :wink::+1:

1 Like

I will trade you any day on location Midwest is all over the place dec 30 normally 10° snow on the ground today it was almost 60 I think 40 mile an hour winds

1 Like

:rage: Not a chance!

:wink: You can have all that. The coldest temp I can personally remember is 11F and that was a nighttime low.

Suppose to reach 29F for a couple hours tonight. Turned on a mister to see if I can get some icicles. Maybe.

You had my temps today! Hope you enjoyed…

1 Like

I’m an outdoor grower also, start mine inside under 3 ft. CFL double light 17 wt.per bulb. $27 at Lowes
I can start 5 plants with this , I actually started more I think 6 at a time , with a first start in April and a second batch in May, 13 all together, Had 6 plants survive and do Very well. Pennies on the dollar.

2 Likes

I got a 400 watt MH 25 inches from seedlings but they dont seem to mind is this to close its in a 2x2x8ft area thanks for the help

@xxpain4uxx
if they don’t seem to mind than I’d say it fine just watch leaves they will tell you they should stay flat if they are happy :blush: if they taco curl up from edges your to close back then off a little bit
I don’t use those lights my self I have all leds in my grow👍

2 Likes