Best light for a 4x4

I planned on getting a 4’ carbon filter

@Kingbk0807 Is controlling odor High priority for you
4 inch fan will exhaust and take care of controlling temp for you. But 6 inch fan and filter. Will do a lot better job controlling odor. If you go 6 in I recommend a 6 x24 filter Does a great job.

2 Likes

EnFun diy 2 piece dimmable 240w Samsung chips meanwell driver. About $230 out the door on Amazon. Pictured next to a spider farmer 2000 with both at 75%20200205_181838|375x500

1 Like

If you need it asap try and find a 600w air cooled hps like @dbrn32 said, otherwise I’d save up for the 2 qb 260’s. They are worth it in the long run.

1 Like

Go 6" on fans, filters, ductwork. So much better air movement at lower decibels. 2 things you really don’t want to skimp on is lights and ventilation.

1 Like

@Kingbk0807 growershouse has an air-cooled 600 watt HID fixture with a Quantum digital dimmable ballast and an HPS bulb for $230. Just look for the “Quantum 600W XtraSun 6 inch Air Cooled Package”
They also have sales all the time, so you may able to get it cheaper. I think the first time you visit there, if you sign up to be on their email list you will get 10% off your first purchase. That would make it very close to your $200 mark.

3 Likes

@Kingbk0807 if you haven’t purchased a light yet, growershouse has 15% off the entire site right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice

And if you happen to be a veteran both budget led and hlg have a discount for the service gotta email them.

1 Like

is this enough to light a 4x4?

Yep - more than enough. It’s not a great shape for a reflector, but it is inexpensive.

1 Like

To run a 1000 watt hps, you really need proper and strong ventilation, need to get that heat out of the room the grow tent is in.

2 Likes

i went with 4 of these im building the frame right now and i got 2 drivers for them

3 Likes

@Dirt I was wondering what one of these hoods looked like and that is pretty neat. Thanks for the photo. :+1:

1 Like

ill be doing the build this week or next whenever everything comes ill be posting a video on youtube because there isnt a video on the build im doing. well see how it goes lol im not the best videographer

1 Like

these are my noob move plants lol
3 bubble gum and 3 OGK autos in a 4x4 growing under 2 mars hydro ts 600

2 Likes

You can buy 8-hlg 120 boards and two drivers for $400 I’m sure. 8 boards is $200 and the drivers are $60 a piece from arrow. That’s $320. That leaves $80 for aluminium angle, wagos, wire and an orange extension cord. Which is about what all that extra stuff costs. I just built mine the same way for the same size tent. I haven’t done my second set of boards yet because you only need four in veg.

1 Like

@MrPeat here she is in all her glory lol

7 Likes

Nice light. I just saw these on sale. Grabbing 4 also
For $221 for lights and $140 for drivers that’s $361 for a 4x4.

1 Like

it comes out a little more after the hard ware but its a nice deal

2 Likes