Best LED lights 2019

Oh my bad I thought you added the red photo boost to the 4 120’s?

2 Likes

Actually if you look at the spectrum charts on HLG, the 4000k isn’t much different then the 3500k. I think if it came down to it, 4k would flower decent buds

2 Likes

I added the red supplemental strips from cutter to the QB120s. And then I recently built the photoboost light

These are the QB 120’s

This is the photoboost light, also a killer light if you got around 500ish to spend

2 Likes

One 260 kit is good for a 3x3, I would go with the 260xw if that’s the route you’re going. As pointed out, if you look at the graphs they’re not that much different.

1 Like

@dbrn32 what kind of space do you think the 3 boards would flower? They are authentic v2 hlg boards 288 rspec 3500 I did check and I can get driver and heat sink for them

3 288 boards good for around 12 ft² if setup properly. Which driver do you plan on using?

@dbrn32

My tent is a 4x8 what would you suggest for set up. I’m running autos and have blurples for vegging so maybe 4 plants under at a time maybe 6 in 5 gallon pots

You would want 3 fixtures like that to do a full 4x8. Figure whatever you can get into a 4x3’ space should be alright. Some people may scrog a single plant there, others may sog 15 or more plants. Anything in between works too, just depends on how you wanna grow them.

1 Like

That’s perfect I want to use one side for flowering and the other side for seedlings,vegging plants and fan and such

2 Likes

@dbrn32 my grow tent is stifling with the blurples running do you think the qb light that I’m building will run as hot? I have 1000 w(135 at wall) full spectrum led x3 running Michigan weather right now is miserable and hot. The tent already cooked 3 babies :frowning: I moved them all outside today. 89 degrees by 7:30 am last night it was 105 :anguished:. I’m just wondering if I should pull the plug on tent and finish off outside or if new light maybe won’t produce so much heat

1 Like

My QBs do not get hot turned all the way down. Might heat up about 5 degrees turned up. I also mounted my drivers outside the tent to help with the heat.

Michigan garage I here ya on the heat right now

1 Like

Hard to say. I’m not sure how big your other lights are, and I don’t know what your other environmentals look like.

You gotta try and find a cheap wall unit or something, try offer up or letgo apps maybe! 89° is up there & you even said you’ve baked some plants already Do you have ventilation at all? Sorry I haven’t read all of the journal but I know you asked earlier in the thread.

Exhaust fan out window oscillating fan in tent box fan pulling hot air out of room tent is in. The ones I burned up were week old seedlings. :frowning: I’m country so outside with supervision looks like my best bet. I would have been fine if I would have not dropped seeds 6 weeks ago then again two weeks ago. First timer lesson learned and only cost me three seeds so far

I was recently granted a 500 plant grow license in Michigan. I have a 640 sq ft building I can start experimenting with while I build my 2800 sq ft main building. I am going to purchase lights and I am wondering do I stick with the HPS lights I’ve used in the past or should I invest in LED or can I use a combination of the two?

1 Like

Welcome @IKEWATSON11

You should check out Quantum Boards for LED lights. @dbrn32 is the light master but they run so much cooler and efficiently plush you can customize (DIY) it all to your needs.

1 Like

Hey welcome to ilgm

1 Like

Thanks guys

2 Likes

Michigan got it going on

2 Likes

You can do any combination of the sort. Good led fixtures will be significantly more expensive up front. But they will run ar lower operating cost and be relatively maintenance free.

1 Like