Best led lighting

What’s the best LED to use in the vegetative stage for fuller plants? :pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

2 Likes

Depends on your tents size

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with hlg. Just match the light to the tent size.

5 Likes

Could get a veg/flower light and not just a veg light. If you got the funds and want the best for just veg…get a hlg300 b-speq

4 Likes

I’ve tried HLG, Mars Hydro. Trying Spider Farmer now. I liked the Mars Hydro over the HLG. Though the flowers turned out a bit denser and the over all cover was better. The HGL was R100 and the Mars was TS1000. Now I’ve got 3 going under 1 sp2000 and 1 ts1000.

4 Likes

Im sorry but there is zero chance of a mars beating a hlg.

2 Likes

There are plenty of good ones and many, many bad ones.

Look for LED with INPUT watts of at least 35 watts per sq ft of tent. For example, my 3x3 has 300W input coning from 3 100W Vivosun VS1000s.

You can get them on eBay jow for about $100 each. And you can start with 1 for 1 plant and then add identical light as you expand your grow.

But if I had to do it again, people here swear that HLG are the best so I would buy those now instead.

But, you do have options.

3 Likes

I just feel that the mars was much brighter and got to the lower buds better

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the HLG is a great light. Here’s the purple thai I grew under it. Trust me, I’m not complaining.

5 Likes

Did you use a par meter to compare?

I did. Just because it didn’t seem as bright.

And your claiming the mars had a better par at equal wattage in controled environment?

Here the Runtz under the Mars

5 Likes

Instead of the bspec get r spec, does both veg and flower for same price.

3 Likes

Yes I am.

Ts1000 for 109.99

300l rspec 319.00 3 yr war.

1 Like

If that were true then hlg would not be raved about by so many including myself. Im tapping out. There is alot of good lights out there besides hlg BUT im not aware of any mars pumping out 3.2 umol/joule so thats that. Plants all look beautiful tho. Nice work

2 Likes

As long as all the ladies turn out nice thats all that matters to me. Also, genetics ( I feel ) plays the biggest part of your grow.

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I gave a friend some AK 47 seeds and he grew them under a blurple and they still turned out nice.

2 Likes