Best LED grow light for a 4x4 tent

So I am looking for a light for a 80x80x180cm grow tent. I would like one that adjustable, full spectrum, and I will just need one. I have been looking and I think I will only need a 600w I think :thinking: opinions on this power size?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum , before I answer that thereā€™s one important question , whatā€™s your pockets look like. Whatā€™s your budget? @BAM

3 Likes

I am looking for around 300ā‚¬ if possible? Or is that an unrealistic? I was looking at the Mars 600 and itā€™s only like 120ā‚¬ Is that not good enough?

How many plants you trying to do

Do your research, the light is the most important part of the grow

1 Like

Research always helps, only thing to be cautious of is where you get that info. Much of lighting information is down right lies and can be confusing especially for those starting out. If a light claims certain wattage look in the specs and look for actual draw that is the true wattage. Like the Mars you are looking at is not a 600 @BAM. The beast master is coming @MrPeat

4 Likes

Best for this tent sizeā€¦2 HLG 260xl rspec is king but breaks the bank. But ask yourself do want 1 or 2oz or prefer getting 1 lb dried, cured and no stems. :+1:

@SKORPION Yupā€¦here I roar. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I was getting there, he stole my recommendation. @NeoGroR has a hook up on the best deal on a hlg 260

3 Likes

Even @Hellraiser made the change to HLG and that says a lot since he was a huge HPS fan.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware he switched he originally got me on the hps setup and I did that for a while.

1 Like

ScheiƟe

Nur einhundert Watt.

2 Likes

Thanks @Drinkslinger thatā€™s exactly what I was talking about.

1 Like

You can get 10% off from hlg using coupon code DUDE

ŠŠµŃ‚, Š½ŠµŃ‚, Š½ŠµŃ‚.

Unfortunately youā€™d need about 6 of those and that would cost more than 2- hlg 260ā€˜s. If heat isnā€™t an issue maybe look into a couple 400w hps lights. They would be closer to your 300 budget.

Thanks @SKORPION and @MrPeat the light looks nice it is a 260 watt that replaces a 1000 watt, or is that jus advertising? 69ā‚¬ More is not so far outside of the range. Is this enough for 3-4 plants probably 2-3 most of the time. Thanks again for the recommendation. This is why I am asking those who know.

1 Like

2-3 maybe tops 5

1 Like

No itā€™s not advertising bs , itā€™s true I use a a 360 which is close in specs to a 260 in 2x4. And itā€™s much brighter than the 600 watt hps light I was using I mean you will notice a difference as soon as you turn it on. I built mine from a kit when I finished on the couch assembling it I plugged it up me and my wife were momentarily blind she was pissed.

3 Likes

HLG isnā€™t fake. Look for my Toilet Bowl Thread. I grow near 8 feet tall super monsters under a HLG 260xl rspec x 2 for a 4x4.

You only need 1 for a 2x4.

3 Likes

Oh while your around about to order my first photo seeds @MrPeat . Gonna go with
Girl scout cookies
Super skunk
Jack herer
Green crack
Kush mass
White widow / big bud
And a few autos
Blueberry cookies
Amnesia
Northern lights
Got carried away

4 Likes