Best "just add water" grow

I know the green sunshine company is out of business and no longer sells earth dust, but can anyone tell me other “just add water” type grows there are out there? Thanks

2 Likes

Good luck, theres a few of us out there looking. Im currently using Elm Dirts Line of nutes. I grow in living soil. So far im impressed, but we will see in the final result. I use Coast of Main Stonington Blend soil. Theres also Indicaja and Sohum that will claim to be water only if using 15 gallon pots. I use 5 gallon pots and add dry amendments around week 3 and then ill add again around week 5 or 6 of flower. When i water im using a tea whose base is worm castings. Other folks will chime in.

2 Likes

I just noticed youre growing autos. If you want a water only, i would use at least a 10 gallon pot and use one of the soils i mentioned above. I carried an auto nearly to harvest with Coast of Maine in a 10 gallon.

4 Likes

Havent started any other yet but i bought couple years worth ED. ill watch this thread and see what rises to the top for when I am out.

2 Likes

I ran ED for over a year before they went out of business i personally switched over to @Roadsideorganics.ok they have a similar 2 part grow and bloom kit once one of them see the tag they should chime in ive had great results so far i feed 1 tbsp per gallon of soil every 2.5-3 weeks followed up with a .5-1in layer of fresh soil and castings mixed on top then water in

4 Likes

Thank you @LiesGrows for the tag! Yes we have a water only style organic option. 2 part system, Green Mountain Veg in veg and Back Road Blooms for flower. We have a bunch of growers using our products that have switched over from Earth Dust since their closing.

6 Likes

Green Sunshine company who owned Earth dust sent me to Buildasoil, but I still have plenty of earth dust for now so I can’t comment on how good it bad they are.

2 Likes

I ran a coast of main Stonington blend with water only. They do have/recommend a top dress for their soil.
With water only, I did use fishshits to help kill the gnats in the soil.

1 Like

I would look into grow dots has been working well for me

2 Likes

A potforpot.com has setups for water only.

We did a p4p our first time. The plant looked starved for nutes halfway done. We got 3 full zips from a 5 gal fab pot. P4p is superb soil, water only.

You are supposed to let the soil cook about 2 to 3 weeks while you germinate and transplant later.

We did not cook the soil for the recommended time.

We did get lots of neat things with the purchase of 100.oo for 5 gal kit. That kit has 40.00 seed coupon in it making it a 60.00 value. I phone camera attatchments for trich shots, trimming scissors, watering spout… had 15% off from ilgm to p4p. Great deal for water only.

6 Likes

I am using Highway dust and bloom now. 4 girls in flower, 4 in veg.

4 Likes

Is that top pic the one you are needing some help with?

1 Like

Hi. Yes . Was told i was overwatering. But I just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks so much. I will keep on keepin on. Flowering is where i always run into bright yellow leaves. Thanks again!!

1 Like

@Ripwater12. roadside organics has a water only.

1 Like

Hydroponics is the only just add water method im aware of. :smiley:

2 Likes

I wanna ask first, are you top watering and how much water how often, i agree its a watering problem most likely

1 Like

Top watering. About 1/4 gal. every other day. In flower now so adding more when very light and dry on top

I water every day. I just happen to add Jacks when I do.

I believe what is happening is that your roots dow deep are drying out but the soil on top is getting wet but still having runoff through the sides of the pots. I would really recommend getting a watering tray under it to help catch the run off and aloow the soil to soak it up from the bottom. That plus possibly bottom watering in the tray split with top waters may help even out the moisture and help with better nutrient uptake.

4 Likes