Best in-line fan/filter for 2.7x5x7 tent?

I use a 4” (200cfm) no name fan/filter for a 2x4x5 and it pulls the sides in on high. Does a great job. Now I’m looking for one for a 2.7x5x7 and was wondering if the same size would be ok?

The one I have came with a tent kit from spider farmer a long time ago. So I’m not sure what brand this one is. It doesn’t have a name on it.

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated! I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg. Don’t want it to sound like a helicopter is landing. And need it to go above and beyond with getting rid of smell. Thanks in advance!!

@dbrn32 @Not2SureYet if you guys know? Or know someone that could help me? I need to get one ordered asap. Thank you guys :blush:

3 Likes

I’d say you would want at least a 6" for a tent that size. I use this in my 2X4X6:

with the smart controller an carbon filter. Does a great job, and the smart controller rocks.

6 Likes

A 6” fan should work fine
There are different brands
I have used vivosun and ac Infinty fans they both work great and both have a low medium and high adjustable knob for preference speed.
Ac Infinty is much quieter and a bit more expensive but better quality also
Vivosun fan works great also has adjustable speed knob but is noisier
So just depends on what you are looking for.
I would recommend a ac Infinty charcoal filter also
It has been the better filter out of a few different brands I have used

1 Like

Thank you guys so much! I was looking at the ac infinity. Not sure if I want to dive into the “smart” controller lol I don’t need it to ever kick off mid flower. And if I’m going to run it all the time, there’s really no need, unless I’m missing something? Was thinking about the s6? There’s terrabloom too on Amazon. I think it’s even more expensive. May go w the combo s6 from growbuds. When I googled it, they have the combo for $166. If you guys know where to get a combo for cheap, you can hit me w that knowledge too lol! I’m glad you have experience w these bc I sure do NoT :joy:

2 Likes

The smart controller is pretty cool
It has 10 different settings fir speed and it has an auto mode and on mode as long as in on mode it will never turn off.
Ac infinity t6 is quieter then the vivosun and most regular brands
If you decide on an AC Infinty use code (canuck15) on any site Amazon/ac Infinty for 15% off

2 Likes

With the smart controller, you can set the “off speed” to any of the 10 speed settings. I have my off speed at 1, and it ramps up from there if heat or humidity trigger an increase.

2 Likes

Size and cfm are gonna vary depending on style/design of fan. I also like ac infinity fans efficiency, speed control, and low noise output. If you were to go with ac infinity will definitely want 6". Also don’t think controllers are necessary, manual speed control models are plenty good enough.

3 Likes

I agree with @Newt you want at least a 6inch exhaust system

1 Like

Good Morning all. You need to make sure you have the proper CFM. I can’t remember how to figure it! Anybody know? Thank You in advance!! :blush::v:

1 Like

Calculate cubic feet of tent. Calculate how many times per minute you want to exchange the air in one minute.

For example if my tent is 40 cubic feet, and I want to exchange the air 5 times per minute, I need 200 CFM.

2 Likes

Thank you. So I have a 4x4x80 tent so I have 128 cf. what cfm do I need?

Depends on how many times per minute you want to exchange the air. Twice per minute = 256 cfm. Thrice = 384, Four times = 512, etc.

1 Like

Ok got it. What in your opinion is the optimal amount of time you need to circulate the air?

1 Like

I can’t post up a link to this site, but if you could find this article, I’d suggest it is applicable:

1 Like

Thank You I will check it out!! :blush:

1 Like

I also would go with a 6" It will handle pretty much what ever you need. Like @dbrn32 I prefer the standard controllers. I have the smart ones for all of mine. But have them set to on all the time and just use a timer. The new controller with the clock in it. Will not shut down all the way on mine. It powers down to 3. But that is it.
The controller with out the clock works great. The Infinitys are built better than the regular type fans. I had to replace them about every 18 months because the bearings would go bad. The AC is also smaller and lighter. :grin: I have only bought one filter. And it is still going strong. @ 40" It just takes up a lot of room :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet so the ac takes up too much room? And you’ve had to replace it every 18 months? Or the other brands?

@Sincitytoker thanks! Very helpful!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And thanks to everyone else who answered. I should have ordered this 3 days ago :woman_facepalming:

I have an AC Infinity S6 paired with a terra bloom 6" carbon filter.
I needed another fan and filter to use for intake and scrubber. The S6 is so quiet I ordered another. This time I purchased the AC Infinity 6" carbon filter. I took advantage of 15% off sale on Black Friday.
I also use a Terra Bloom 6" fan. By comparison the Infinity is quieter.

2 Likes

Those terra bloom set ups look super nice! They’re even more expensive than ac infinity tho. I’m ordering the s6 now. You like the AC carbon filter? The smell is my biggest worry.

1 Like

Looked online. Ac infinity isn’t even on this list. Guess the list is only as good as the one who made it but…

1 Like