Best humidity during drying/harvesting for indoor

I have read conflicting info on what humidity level you should have during the drying/harvest time. When I will be hanging the plants to dry. I have read 40% and up to 60%. I will be drying in my indoor tent that I used to grow. Should I shoot for about 50%? And just monitor closely (oh don’t worry I will! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One other issue I may also have is temperature. I’m not sure I can get it down to about 64 F which I have read is ideal during drying. My room and tent are at about 70 degrees. Will that be OK or should I try to lower it even more?

3 Likes

@SativaLover

There is optimal and then there is reality!

I am drying Blueberry right now. It is 67 degrees and 85 % humidity. I am drying in heavy brown paper bags, opening as often as I can and tossing them good. I will stick a hygrometer in the bag tomorrow to see where I am. Anywhere between 50 and 60 RH and it’s into the jars for curing!

I do have lots of air movement and I am doing the best I can, which is all you can do!

Welcome to ILGM! read read read!

7 Likes

I have 75 degrees and 60% humidity they seem to be doing well on Day 3

3 Likes

I agree with the others. You should be shooting to get them to about the 60% range. So slightly less than that would be ideal. But there would be a point where they would probably dry too fast, although I’m not sure it would be 40%. Never really had that issue, it’s usually too high. If you cam get it to the 50-60% range I think you’ll be plenty good. If not, that’s not the end of the world either.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that 50f 50rh is the best and I’ve heard 60f and 60 rh is better and like @bob31

Ain’t that the truth couldn’t agree more @bob31

I’m drying now with a 2-2-4 foot tent 2- 6" inline fans and carbon filters almost setting on top the ac vent and I got 58 rh and 65 f and it moves if someone moves the thermostat getting it prefect is very hard and or expensive. Learn as much as you can and give it a try or two and you’ll learn how to get better.

4 Likes

Thanks!
Yup, that’s what I’ve done, read, read, read, and learned a lot from this site.

3 Likes

Thanks!
Yup, gardening is always an experimental adventure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SativaLover I dry around 60-65 % and cure around 55% as @bob31said in a ideal world
I run Ac and humidifier as needed to try and maintain my humidity in those ranges the paper bag trick helps in high humidity situations :+1:

3 Likes

@SativaLover I try and keep my humidity around %60 when possible. Seems to be the best humidity for drying in my opinion.

5 Likes