Best grow temp for Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflower?

The description says “Mediterranean-like climate or nice, warm weather”. Based on your experience what is the best temp to maintain during the grow? My house has central A/C which is kept around 74 to 75 degrees this time of year. There is not an A/C duct in the closet, only the bedroom ceiling. I will be using the HLG 260 grow light. I will also be using an AC Infinity 8" fan and carbon filter to scrub the air in the closet, but it won’t be vented outside the closet. I do have the option to leave the closet door open if it gets too warm in there. If the closet door is shut I will be blowing a regular 10" fan toward the closet door at floor level to allow fresh air to enter under the door. There is a gap of approximately 1" under the door. Thanks.

1 Like

68 - 78 is best for cannabis, though you can go 5 or so degrees on either side of that for short periods. It is a good idea to monitor humidity too. It should be very high (60 - 70%) for seedlings and very young plants. 55% to 65% is okay for most of veg, and when you get in the later flowering stages you will want to draw humidity down as much as you can (30 to 40%) to prevent things like powdery mildew.

2 Likes

The Girl Scout Cookies Extreme autoflower description says it is highly resistant to mold. I do have a dehumidifier but I think I will have a hard time getting the humidity down to 30 to 40% during flowering. I live in the south and the house is on a slab so this time of year it stays around 50%.

1 Like

Being able to survive mold and the presence of mold are two very different things.

Sorry, this is my first grow so I don’t know all the ins and outs of this process. From what I have read, having air circulation such as a fan blowing on the plant is supposed to prevent any growth of mold or mildew. This isn’t your experience if the humidity is too high? Thanks for the info.

Fans and fresh air circulation will help quite a bit, but you really want to find a way to minimize humidity. I use a dehumidifier to keep my humidity in the mid to high 30s during late flowering. I have to empty the tank twice a day, but it works. Lower humidity during flowering can help with trichome production as well. If you’ve not heard of trichomes, they are the things the plant produces the contain all the goodies (THC-A, CBD…)

1 Like

yup what FixerPower said. (I do wish I could find a VPD chart that is accurate. I found two sources, but there are disagreements with how much relative humidity is the best range for a given temp).

You’re going to love the GSC, by the way. I’ve grown it before. It is one of my favorite strains.

1 Like

I had a hard time deciding which one to try. Glad to know the GSC is a good choice. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I think no high than 50% should be fine. I keep my flower tent at 45% with no problems ever with mold. Only time I had mold is growing outdoor. Hard to wire up a fan to blow on your plants outside. It’s the dew and higher humidity at night which really cause the problems.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I can always try to squeeze my dehumidifier into the closet if the humidity gets too high. Once the real hot weather starts in another month or so and the A/C runs alot that will help remove some humidity too.

1 Like

I live in FL it is a place to grow outside can’t beat the sun and wind, it gets hot but, then you make some shade. They love the sun and the outdoors so if you get a chance try it.

No way to match natural sunlight!

I’m facing the same problems in the south, the humidity stays between 50% and 70% in my area and right now its working to my advantage, we both will need to buy dehumidifiers soon tho

Growing outside isn’t an option since I live in a neighborhood where the houses are literally 10 ft apart.

Fortunately I already own a dehumidifier. I used to use it in the basement of a house I owned.

This is my first summer in this rental house so I will see what the humidity ends up at with the A/C running frequently when it gets hot.