Best grow light for a 2x4 tent? First time grower

Best light for a 2x4? I have a Mars hydro sp 3000 that I got for $300 out the door on its way but I’m not sure if I made the right choice.

What is the best light for a 2x4 in your opinion?

I was looking at bar style lights because they look like they produce more coverage and much less heat?

I’m fine with paying more for the best as long as the price is going to quality and not marketing ploys.

I apologize if this question has been answered already, I’m still figuring out how to properly use the forum.

5 Likes

You definitely didn’t do bad at all my freind :+1:

Those are under a sp3000.

Google “sp3000 cocoforcannibus”
Its a very detailed review of the sp3000 and its an amazing light in a 2x4 :grin:

The sp3000 kinda is a bar style, and you are correct bar style has better coverage and there are better brands, but the sp3000 really is a very good light. Some others may be more efficient but it’s going be hard to beat this light in a 2x4, just see the review by Dr mjcoco.

5 Likes

I love the HLG 350R in my 2x4. I have one in a 2 1/2 x 5 as well and it kicks ass in there too, so I know the coverage in the 2x4 better than needed!

3 Likes

From my light thread

:point_up: should help you decide. Look at all the categories I set up. I personally use sp3000’s and 350r’s for 2x4 space. With great results. Usually a LB or better per light. But if I were to buy now I’d consider one of the spider farmer bar lights g4500 or se4500.

4 Likes

You got a very good light for a 2x4

3 Likes

Spiderfarmer SE series is nice lights for sure.
I got one of the “upgraded” se3000 that has uv chips and it’s been amazing.
They seem to have not made many like this one :man_shrugging:

I think Maybe I got a “prototype” before they expanded the se line up. It was just 1 se3000 then they added the “upgraded one” and few months later the upgraded one was no longer available and they had multiple new SE series lights available and the current se3000 is quite different then mine :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah the sp3000 I ordered no longer has uv or ir chips and uses it’s own shitty driver instead of the MW one it used to have. I got bamboozled. The Mars hydro site is super shady unless you dig and dig and dig through the sub menus to find the info you want

1 Like

So that is a Spiderfarmer se3000 I was talking about in my last comment to @Low.

Its a completely different light, sorry about the confusion :confused:

My Marshydro sp3000 does have a mean well driver and ir chips, but no uv chips.

The Mars Hydro SP 3000 is actually a solid choice for a 2x4 grow space. It’s a reputable brand and provides good coverage with its full-spectrum LED lights. Bar style lights can indeed offer more even coverage, but they tend to be pricier. If you’re looking for the best, you might consider checking out options like the HLG Quantum Boards or the Spider Farmer SF series. They offer excellent performance and efficiency, but they do come with a higher price tag

There is not one light brand or light that can be considered “best.” There are however customer services that can be considered best, and in the light world right now that’s HLG.

I have used several brands and still do, spent more time than I care to admit researching their capabilities, cost, coverage, warranties, diodes, etc.

The best light for anyone is going to be the light that best fits the farmers demand out of that space.

As for UV chips on mars hydro sp3000, MH removed them and replaced them with standard lm301 diodes because the small amount of UV in the original design did nothing and it was more beneficial to have the Samsung diodes in their place. You didn’t get bamboozled. You’re lucky you didn’t get the ones with UV. The only place that still advertises the UV is Amazon. Not the actual MH site. I had a long discussion with mars hydro about this 2 years ago. Idk what you find shady about the site, it’s on par with just about every other light company. The only light business that stands out on providing information is HLG.

$ for $ the masks Tsl 2k,is not bad at all. If you want to pop your wad Photontek, lumatek, or Hlg.