Best grow light for a 20 square feet grow room

Question from a customer:
What size and type of grow lights would you recommend for a 20 sq. ft. closet to get the best yield?

Depends on the shape of the closet. Can you please tell us more, such as the dimensions of the closet?

1 Like

thanks for the reply. It’s a clothes closet in my bed room. It’s 4 feet wide by 5 feet deep and 8 feet high. I’m doing hydroponics in 6 - 5 gal buckets. thanks again and looking forward to your advice

2 Likes

I would suggest 2 HLG 260XL V2 Rspecs.

3 Likes

That’s a lot to fit in a 4’x5’ area.

But back to your question.
For pretty much out of the box
The hlg 550 v2 r spec,
2 of the hlg xl v2 260 r specs
Or the pricey route
Fluence SPYDR 2i

There are also numerous diy choices

1 Like

Thanks, I usually end up with only 4 plants and my yield sucks, I usually don’t have enough to last to the next cycle. I’m using LED lighting and thought maybe I need better lighting?

External Media

Drinkslinger
Regular

April 27

Skipthurma:
. It’s 4 feet wide by 5 feet deep and 8 feet high. I’m doing hydroponics in 6 - 5 gal buckets

That’s a lot to fit in a 4’x5’ area.

But back to your question.
For pretty much out of the box
The hlg 550 v2 r spec,
2 of the hlg xl v2 260 r specs
Or the pricey route
Fluence SPYDR 2i

There are also numerous diy choices

What light(s) are you using now?

Thanks, I usually wind up with 4 plants, and the yield from them SUCKS. I grow hydroponically with LED lights & I don’t have enough to last until the next harvest. I thought it might be lighting?

Use 2 hlg 260xl v2 rspec lights and you will be very happy.

Could be. Good, quality lighting is the most important factor for healthy plants and yield.

2 Likes

Tic-tac-toe 3 CMH 315’s plug and play, change over from grow to flower as easy as changing a light-bulb, literally. And a small AC unit for flowering climate control. While you’re at it, throw in some CO2 for a full house.

2 Likes

I would say the hlg 550 v2 rspec or some kind of diy hlg fixture.

I would opt for the 2 x 260 XL lights instead of the 550. This will give you more flexibility if you get a different space or you want to stagger harvests so one light can be lower than the other.

2 Likes

I have 4 small LED lights now

Many of us are into newer led tech, but CMH is always a proven light tech. I’ve got several friends that swear by cmh, and are constantly trying to convert me to it.

2 Likes