Best dehumidifier for a 4x4 grow space?

Yes a dehumidifier will absorb moisture no matter where it is. If you are pulling air from outdoors put your dehum in tent. If you are pulling air to tent from inside house. Dehum the lung room. Play around with it and see what works for you. You’ve created a micro climate in your tent within a macro climate your house. They will both have an overall influence on your climate. Just depends on a few factors, i just found it’s easier to control the air feeding into the tent which will have a play on the climate in your tent. But a small one in the tent on a controller works too just make sure to check it often.

@James68 @dbrn32 @Bill66

What would you fine gentleman recommend for a lung room that is approximately 100sq. ft.?

My 4x4 tent, which is within said lung room has had an average humidity of 54.5% over the course of the last week but a maximum of 64.7%.

Trying to get down to 45% to prevent mold (currently in week 1 of flower).

1 Like

You’ll probably be fine there. You also don’t want rh too low or your transportation rates will suffer and growth will slow.

If you were to get one, I would get a big one. Like 70 pint and as efficient as you can afford. Most you can throttle back of need be, but I haven’t seen any small ones you run at 150%

1 Like

Thank your for your reply.

I have read in late flower it is best to keep it at 45% so I wanted to shoot for the ideal. I only have my t6 at 8/10, so I could try to crank it up to 10/10 to see if it helps.

1 Like

I agree with dbrn… 70 or 50 pint is a great size. 55%rh is just fine im around there for flower. No issues…just have good circulation and you’ll be fine! Is also depends on your temps…try to stay in a good vpd range.

1 Like

Depends on what canopy temps are really. I don’t believe 45% rh is ideal for most. May be easier to avoid mold that way, but probably not the best growth.

1 Like

I’ve got 2 little fans and the t6 moving some solid air. I’ve only got the bottom vents open and I’m wondering if that’s enough passive intake or if I shouldn’t try doing a hose out of one of the bottom holes to try and suck more in (passively).

I hope you guys aren’t offended I also asked Hellraiser for his advice in his thread. Greatly appreciate all of the help and advice from all you experts :slight_smile:

@Bill66 @dbrn32

Average temperature for the same week was 73F with a high of 78.8 and a low of 68.4.

Absolute highest temperature is going to be 80-82 if it gets super hot outside.

Of course, the other option is just lowering my AC to 70 around the clock. It’s at 75 for most of the day when the lights are off, 70 over night with lights on.

With your light I would try to keep Temps up in low 80’s. Ideal rh there is high 50’s i think. You can download a chart, look for one corrected for white leds.

Passive intakes are probably fine for amount of air you need to move, but those usually aren’t light tight.

1 Like

are you talking metric or feet and inches ?

Feet and inches. The lung room is about 8ft. by 10ft.

OOps…I was thinking metric, which would be a great size thats fer sure…best of luck with your grow :man_farmer:

thats what i plan on getting after I replace the ventilation.
Its the size of a space heater. i’m sure it will bring the humidity down below 30% if not ill get a more powerful 1.

#AUZKIN Small Dehumidifier 35oz(1000ml) Capacity Compact Dehumidifier Portable and Quiet

No offence, i did the same thing and learned a heck of a lot fast from tones of research and reading. And asking questions here and there.

And then of course trial and error. I would use a bendy hose in the passive intake slots. Put a panty hose or cheese cloth on the end to keep out unwanted’s. Those flaps are great but can leak light.

Let me know how that little unit works you are buying. Im curious if it will work for you.

your supposed to run the air out the window to the outside

I’m assuming that was a question, yes that helps if you can. @my

it was not a question. i was commenting. @Bill66

I was showing an example of passive intake. I exhaust to outdoors. That is my intake as you can see that exhaust fan is blowing not sucking on the left…

1 Like

I’m going to do this as well to be extra cautious. I did blackout the room completely with blackout curtains, but it can’t hurt to be extra cautious. I have a 6” exhaust hose, should I do a 4” passive intake hose or is 6” ok?