Best Colloidal Silver For Feminization

Hello all! I am trying to source colloidal silver so I can start the process of creating feminized seed. I know you can make it but I would like to source a product first. I have read that you need to use ionic colloidal silver for the best results.

My question is, what brand of colloidal silver have you all used that has yielded good results! I am looking for 30ppm Ionic Colloidal Silver but am having the hardest time finding some that come with at least half a litre. 100mL for $35 just doesn’t seem worth it to me when I know I will need more than that.

2 Likes

Its extremely easy to make your own. I’ve done it several times. You just need three 9v batteries a couple silver wires off Amazon and a set of alligator clip wires.

3 Likes

whats the best way to figure out the PPM if you make it on your own?

1 Like

Tds meter…also on Amazon. I find the cheap $10 to $15 to work just fine. Ph meters id suggest biting the bullet and getting a good one.

5 Likes

I’ve made it about 4 or 5 times and it has worked EVERY time.

4 Likes

Fair enough! I will look into it a bit more. I have a RO machine and pretty much everything to do it. I am just nervous that it doesn’t work on the first go as my plants are ready to start being sprayed next week!

2 Likes

Silver Coin, Moms Necklace. Or hit the old pawn shop for a 99.9 Fine and make a life time worth like stated above. Distilled water was the directions I was given, I guess RO would do same.

3 Likes

My mind went straight to pawn shop too :rofl:

3 Likes

I actually made it once with ro water and it got really dark. After you make it you can pour it though a coffee filter. Just make sure the container gets ZERO light!

2 Likes

Forgot about that detail, yes I have it in a brown glass eyedropper bottle

2 Likes

Yeah I would just make it fresh, I bought some CS on amazon and it did not work, did nothing, had to resort to other methods to force the girl to go hermie. I made a batch of STS for future hermie forcing.

3 Likes

Yea super mixed reviews on Amazon… Expensive as hell too. I guess this is pointing me in the direction of just making it myself. Doesn’t hurt to learn new things.

1 Like

Process is called electrolysis …similar to electroplating…If you have a DC power supply makes it fast… It forces the silver (anode) to dump silver ions into the water solution. If you google it, it’ll show lots of simple ways.

3 Likes

Thank you! Want to get it right the first time so I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Pet_de_Chien @Indicanna_Jones @Hellraiser Okay so TDS meter will be arriving tomorrow along with amber glass bottles with spray nozzle! I’m excited that I went the route of making colloidal silver on my own. The only question I have is; I’ve read that you need a minimum of 30 ppm for the feminization process to work! What is the maximum ppm you’d want to spray your plants with? Like I was going to go for 50 ppm but if 100 ppm or 200 ppm etc works better then I will do that. Lets say I get up to 500 ppm, when does it become toxic for your plant?

3 Likes

I’ve always used at least 50ppm CS, up to 100ppm should be fine, no experience with higher levels.

3 Likes

Perfect Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I’ve made my own it usually come out around 30ppm and has worked 100 %

4 Likes

It has started to work on one of my plants! I’m doing it on three but this one has really taken off! 15ppm colloidal silver, spraying right before lights out and 6 hours later!

CS Male Flowers - Ayahuasca Purple

2 Likes

It worked! Today I plucked my first female pollen sack filled with pollen! So exciting :slight_smile: ! Does anyone have any tips or tricks for collecting it?

Flower W: Pollen

1 Like