Best cloner under $100

Hi everyone. I’m looking to step up my cloning game. I’ve been using a heated seedling tray with rapid rooters, but the results have been mixed.
I’m looking for reviews/advice on which bubble cloner to get. I’d like a minimum of 4 clones at a time. I don’t really need more than 8.

Post away. Thanks.

2 Likes

Did you check out YouTube? I’m pretty sure there are several guides for building one, some of them for like $30

3 Likes

I don’t have time to diy everything. :grin:

1 Like

If you want to do clones in rockwool or something like that.
Super Sprouter Premium Propagation Kit w/ 7" Dome & T5 Light Amazon.com
Thermostat for heat pad
Super Sprouter Heat Mat Thermostat Amazon.com
Or for the hydro approach
Hydrofarm oxyCLONE 20 Site, Compact Recirculating Cloning Propagation System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGME97E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jDy4Cb493Q8EE

I have everything above and My clones root 100%

2 Likes

I have the super sprouter kit, it’s always been less than 100% for me. And it seems to take FOREVER! That’s why I’m thinking it’s time for a change.

TurboKlone

TurboKlone T24 747400 Cloning System, 24 Site

1 Like

I usually clone in my propogation tray until roots take and them transfer to the hydro cloner if room is no longer available. The hydro cloner is good for transitioning plants from humidity dome to normal RH.

I don’t really close in the cloner but I have. The heat mat at 70°-75° with 90%+ humidity levels. I am 100% with that setup.

@Familyman
Has a areo cloner that kicks ass and it’s under 60 dollars i believe

2 Likes

@ThcinKC

2 Likes

@Familyman any shortcomings that you’ve noticed with that cloner?

Only that it’s bigger

2 Likes

It looks like that one has a big air stone, and a pump for spraying? Correct? Most I’ve seen just have one or the other.

1 Like

So 55 bucks for a 20-site cloner with everything included (air stone, air pump… I guess a water pump in some cases for "recycling).

Let’s see what a DIY option would cost, assuming you own only a drill and appropriate hole saw.

1. 4 gallon Sterlite stacker tote: $5.99 at Wally World
  2. 200gph air pump: $9.64 (Amazon)
  3. 1/4" air hose (25’) - $5 (Amazon)
  4. 2" air stone - $5 (Amazon)
  5. 30 pack of 2" cloning collars - $9 (Amazon)
  6. 50 pack of 2" net pots - $10.97 (Amazon)

Grand total: $45.60

Bottom line is, if you don’t have any of the parts for DIY, it’s probably worth $10-15 to just buy one IMHO, depending on how you value your own time.

Now, if you already have a tote, already grow DWC or something so already have air stones, hose, and maybe an extra port on a large air pump… then it can be way cheaper to DIY. :wink:

3 Likes

I agree.
Although that one is now $68…

2 Likes

I’d rather spend my time building lights :grinning:

3 Likes