So 55 bucks for a 20-site cloner with everything included (air stone, air pump… I guess a water pump in some cases for "recycling).
Let’s see what a DIY option would cost, assuming you own only a drill and appropriate hole saw.
- 4 gallon Sterlite stacker tote: $5.99 at Wally World
- 200gph air pump: $9.64 (Amazon)
- 1/4" air hose (25’) - $5 (Amazon)
- 2" air stone - $5 (Amazon)
- 30 pack of 2" cloning collars - $9 (Amazon)
- 50 pack of 2" net pots - $10.97 (Amazon)
Grand total: $45.60
Bottom line is, if you don’t have any of the parts for DIY, it’s probably worth $10-15 to just buy one IMHO, depending on how you value your own time.
Now, if you already have a tote, already grow DWC or something so already have air stones, hose, and maybe an extra port on a large air pump… then it can be way cheaper to DIY.