Best Alcohol Recovery Appliance

It’s really preference I guess. I decarb mine on a magnetic hot plate after extraction so it finishes evaporating the alcohol then decarbs. While it’s still warm I suck it up into syringes. Really no mess at all.

3 Likes

@Allinherhead @AfgVet thank you for the information. It really does help to hear how ya do things. to soak in the info of how all this comes together & works. Im really sorry to hear about your wife. Sending healthy vibes she kicks the C’s butt.

2 Likes

Which calculator does everyone use for dosing

1 Like

Used to use canna calc but since use feco or qwet exclusively a calculator is no longer necessary for us.

3 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

I make a very clean wash and figure 750mg/gram

2 Likes

Does that mean you freeze, then quick swirl, freeze, quick shake, then strain?

2 Likes

I break the buds up by hand into pea size pieces. Put it in a mason jar. Place the jar of bud and your ethanol in the freezer overnight. Next step is poor the ethanol over the bud, shake vigorously for 20 seconds or so and put the jar back into the freezer.

Here’s where things vary by each situation. My deep freezer gets down to -17*f. I can leave my wash in the freezer for an hour, vigorously shaking every 15 minutes, and it will still be very clean after winterizations and filtering.

If you’re using dry ice you can also go for long washes. A standard household freezer probably doesn’t get that cold so the time you wash the bud for needs to be shortened.

So it’s basically finding the amount of time you can wash without extracting chlorophyll

2 Likes

Look at making QWET or FECO on this site. There’s a ton of good info

2 Likes

Ok thats what i thought, ive been reading & reading but its good to hear real life one on one learning lol… ill get a thermometer & see what my big freezer gets down to & get back with ya on timing :slightly_smiling_face: thank you for your time

2 Likes

Expensive but the Baller’s out there 100% need one.

2 Likes

@TT tag me anytime!

1 Like

Thanks to all for your assistance. Think I’ll place an order!

2 Likes

@AfgVet thank you, im sure i will once im able to play around again lol

1 Like

My freezer registered -109 til i opened the door twice lol

2 Likes

Just find the coldest spot in there to pack your jars into.

1 Like

Man I’ve looked and looked and cannot find the parts list to build this darn thing.

1 Like

Try this

@AfgVet Would you please suggest a magnetic hotplate, stirring thingy, and beaker size? I want to buy now but sooo many options. Is a vacuum oven necessary? Can you recommend one?

I receive my Source Turbo, vacuum pump, buchner funnel and flask… tomorrow…wanted to decarb the oil rather than the buds in oven inside mason jar.

Can you vape this straight? Or must a liquidizer still be added?

As far as a hot plate, I suggest this one. I bought a cheaper one and regretted it. Replaced it with this one.

As far as beakers go, I just bought a set of the cups on Amazon. I use different siz s all the time.

I would suggest making some fully decarbed oil for edibles or what ever first. Get a feel for it. When you’re ready to make carts you just need to refine things a little.

Here’s a good “how to”

You’ll need a vacuum canister. I think they’re all about the same.

1 Like