Best Advice / Worst Advice

As an early grower, what do you feel was the best advice and worst advice ever given to you.

Ill kick it off.

Best advice would have to be, to not go cheap on testing devices. Which quickly became apparent once my grows progressed.

And worst advice is really hard to pinpoint. Pretty much any broscience rabbit hole i went down in search of the truth. Which isnt really bad advice as much as a bad experience.

4 Likes

Best advice:
‘you should grow its fun’
Worst advice:
‘Dont worry about it, the set up isnt that expensive’

4 Likes

Worst advice : Autos are for beginners.

Best advice :. Buy it right, buy it once.

14 Likes

Stem splitting, ice baths, extended darkness etc.

8 Likes

Worst advice: Not to me but I was in a thread where I saw the OP state “You cannot grow good weed without worm castings”

8 Likes

Best advice: Bro - just grow your own, it’s fun

Worst advice: don’t worry about telling [the wife] before buying the gear and seeds for the first grow, she won’t care.

4 Likes

Best - you know what your actually getting

Worst - it’s cheap and easy :grimacing::rofl:

2 Likes

Best: Patience

Worst: I have to agree with the bro/pseudo science.

5 Likes

Best advice, “Get yourself a quality grow light fixture!” That came from @Graysin and @dbrn32 - THANK YOU FOR THAT, I thought the one I had would work, while it would grow cannabis, not anything worthy of paying an electric bill for.

Worst advice, mostly stuff I know I’m not going to venture into. I try to take everything at face value, never know what you might learn from someone.

6 Likes

Best advice
When I was laying out the walls for the expanded grow space I told my wife that it wasn’t functioning how I wanted it to. Her response was " will making it bigger solve the problem". The extra couple of feet made all the difference.
Listening to myself. When first started I thought - what do I need a ph pen for. Why do a need a TDS meter.

8 Likes

Great topic question !!! :love_you_gesture:

Best advice:
Water heavily but only when the plant is almost wilting… at 6.5 pH.

Worst advice:
Autos are the easiest to grow so brand new growers should only grow autos.

7 Likes