Best 16 inch oscillating fan

What is the best brand for a 16” oscillating fan?

1 Like

Ask amazon

Amazon doesn’t have growers reviews. Troll much?

Also notoriously inaccurate reviews. What’s your pick for a 16” oscillating fan?

I don’t see a ton of people using 16" fans here and your going to get a bigger sample size from Amazon reviews.
It wasn’t a troll it was a good answer.

Doesn’t matter if people are growing with a fan or using it for any other reason the fact they are using it is what matters

4 Likes

I’ve seen several set ups with 16” fans… I can lolink you to the topics If you’d like.

Looks like hurricane sells them so ide go with them they are a trusted brand I’m using 8" fans so…

1 Like

I also use a hurricane wall mount. But I put mine on French cleats so I could raise it up to different levels in my homemade tent. :+1:t2::deciduous_tree:

4 Likes

Preciate it - I got a free grow board from gorilla grow so planning to attach it there! Was looking at the hurricane, tornado, and simple deluxe 16” wall mount on amazon - just couldn’t decide which to go for! Know @BetrayedSoul has a 16” hurricane wall mount - working out for you? Anything you don’t like about it?

Tornados are good but overpriced imo

1 Like

That’s a good point you make Nicky. I thought my hurricane was a little pricey too but I had a gift card from Amazon so that kind of offset the price is how I looked at it. I will say I’m really happy with it and it’s very powerful fan. At least for my tent… possibly a bit of an Overkill but I always keep it blowing between the light and the tops of the girls. Just for reference I grow in a tent a little over 6 by 6 by 7 ft tall

2 Likes

Oh hurricanes are a bit more than your average fan but tornados are even more and I really don’t think they are thst much better, I mean some have a bit more adjustment or settings but the hurricanes do fine and are a quality unit from a trusted brand.

That being said things are always changing and I just got a amazon basics fan so I’m gonna see how it holds out, seems good so far although its not a 16".
Thats why I say check amazon because stiff competition these days.
And it’s easy to check seller ratings etc

1 Like

I have some off-brand clip on fan for this little germination station area I made. Now I have to say, knock on wood, that thing has been running for years now. It’s small but I’m not sure on the size? But to your point you can get good things without spending a lot of money.

1 Like

My first two fans were from my local grow shop. And they were the wind devils… Pieces of JUNK and they cost a decent amount!
So yeah all about shopping around.
So far I have loved Every amazon basics product ordered and their batteries are best price to Preformance point as proven by project farm so moral is do your research and shop around or pay the price for brand name stuff

1 Like

:deciduous_tree::+1:t2:spot on

1 Like

That’s good, I went through a cycle of returns with amazon for an in-line fan, decided to stop trusting the reviews after the 4th crap one. Spent more and ordered from the manufacturer. Wish there were more 12 inch options there, the few they have are about the same price as the 16 - about $45. Don’t wanna blow the ladies away, but I need more power than my 2 clip on hurricanes… haven’t been overly impressed with them, plan to use 1 oscillating on instead.

I haven’t found a good oscillation fan yet that hasn’t died. Keep me in the loop on this one.

2 Likes

I’ve used hurricane and tornado (multiple fans), neither lasted. Currently using Lorell, so far so good, and not digital, so when power kicks off and back on they automatically are back on, no push buttons. I have 3 Running and 24/7 for a year next month.

1 Like

Preciate that! Wasn’t even on my radar as an option- will give that a shot, don’t mind replacing every couple years or so… thanks @Okie70

I’m using a hurricane 12” wall mount, been running non-stop for about 35 days now without any issue, I know it’s not a 16, but the brand for me seems to be just fine

2 Likes