Bert5 n iLL5 grow adventure, first indoor anything

I’m somewhat new to the forum. I love all the information and I am looking forward to any input others will have in my journey to a healthy plentiful harvest of this wonderful plant. I will try and post pictures after I write this long ass post.

My room is 10’x10’x8’. I’m only planning on using 6x6 area for first grow.
1-10" Infinity exhaust
1-10" Terra Bloom carbon filter
1-HLG 650r light on timer currently set at 18/6
I have 1- 12"X12" air supply with filter cut in one wall with no fan.
I have a 12" fan on ground and 16" pedestal fan to circulate air inside room.
I am running a dehumidifier outside of the room for now.

I’m starting with 9 plants which I plan to LST.
3-LSD Auto, Barney Farms/seedsman
3-Banana Blaze Auto, Dutch Passion/seedsman
3-Glueberry OG Auto, Dutch Passion/seedsman
Seeds have been soaked in shot glasses of tap water with a drop of hydrogen peroxide for 24hrs.

I will be using Earth Dust dry amendments only for this grow. I have 6- 5gal pots of Happy Frog and 3- 5gal pots of Coco Loco. All soil has been mixed with 4 tablespoons of Earth Dust base per gal of soil and has been cooking for 3weeks. The mylecium has been growing on top of soil but disappears when I water it. I have decided to use the dry amendments to eliminate the need for mixing and adding of nutes throughout the grow. Everything I have read says bugs WILL need to dealt with because of the organic soil. I already have yellow and blue sticky traps in place. I have also sprinkled Diatomaceous Earth food grade on the top of soil. I’m trying to prepare ahead of time. :crossed_fingers:t4:

The seeds are being taken out of the water today and put directly into the final 5gal pots. I will be placing seeds 1/4"- 1/2" below surface and sprinkled over with soil. I will use clear plastic cups over seeds as domes to start.

My room temperature and humidity stays consistent during on and off cycles at 70-78°f and 70-75%. I do know I will need to drop humidity a lot lower later on but I know I can accomplish this from pre grow trial.

Seeds are planted in final pot. I noticed a few seeds broke and root poked and a few just started to crack.

Now to wait for some sprouts and smoke someone elses bud. Feel free to comment or add anyone. I’m still learning…

*Change “I” n “me” to “we” n “us”

• I cannot take take full responsibility for failure or success lol

Study that shit, grow that shit, smoke that shit.

5 Likes

Looking awesome in there. Happy growing! Tag someone if you have issues. I’ll follow along. Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

I’m gonna tag along as well, if you don’t mind :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Your grow space makes me want to put a third addition on the house. It looks and sounds like you are prepared. I have to check out earth dust products. Good luck.

2 Likes

Set to watch. Nice grow space you have there.

2 Likes

Day 3 of seeds in soil. Oh the smile on my face as I’m smoking my morning bud and see the first sprout, it’s a glueberry og. It looks as if the shell is stuck on the sprout. I will give a couple hours and carefully remove with tweezers if no change.

I have noticed some gnats in the soil. I knew this would be something to deal with organic soil. I don’t know what’s considered normal or an infestation. I am thinking about spraying soil with 1 to 4 mix of peroxide n water. Should I do this or another trick?

1 Like

Peroxide may take care of the gnats but it may also affect soil microbes. More of a concern if living soil.

2 Likes

Diatomaceous earth is a better option, and adds silica content to the soil.

2 Likes

Yes it is living soil. Thanks for that input. I was unaware of that. Would neen oil be an option for soil? I do not think they are bad but I have nothing vertical yet. I’ll stick with sticky traps and DE until then.

1 Like

I am not an organic grower - not quite there yet. I use mosquito bits on the soil and Jack’s deadbug brew as a spray.

1 Like

While looking into the caterpillars boring into my outside plants I believe I read a small number of gnats is not much of a problem but a few does not last long and the larvae will munch on the roots,

Day 3 of seeds n a few hours later, the first sprout broke completely away from the shell that was hanging on. And what other surprise, glueberry seed 2 poking thru!

I’m noticing myself looking at them every time I catch a buzz, which is pretty often :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looking good :+1: can’t wait to watch em grow up with ya man here is a pic of my babies

I’m a new grower but love this forum and u will get the best advice from the most kind and awesome ppl u will talk to without a doubt…and happy growing :wink:

2 Likes

@Dagao22 It’s probably time to transplant the little one! And if those plants are still that small and moveable, have you placed them outside to get some direct sun? Did you end up getting new lights for your closet?

1 Like

I’ve been bringing them outside the last few days to get some sun and I only got a 80w LED but I’m working on getting a grow tent setup in a couple weeks…and the little guy is in the solo still cuz I’m doing a solo cup challenge with a bunch of others and that’s my solo I’m using lol

1 Like

Only 3 1/2 - 4 more months to go

1 Like

Day 4 of seeds in dirt.
8 out of 9 have sprouted out of the soil. Super excited. Only seed left to sprout is one more LSD Auto. Pics to come later. I placed an order today for mosquito bits. Hopefully this will help with the gnats before my babies get too big.

Smoke on!

2 Likes

Bro, I just saw that bounce house in background.
Looks like fun after a buzz lol :+1:t3:

2 Likes

It’s a pool a water slide and bounce house in one it’s pretty fun

2 Likes

Day4 evening of seeds in dirt
8 that have sprouted are going vertical and looking good I think. 9 is starting to stump me. I noticed today the shell at soil top. Didn’t look like anything more happened since putting in soil. I covered with a little soil and a little spray of water. On my final check for the evening I noticed the same shell with what looks like root growing horizontal back at top soil. I can see shell again. Maybe it is stuck worse than other I had. I sprayed dome and left alone. Any input?!