Bergmans fertilizer measurements

Hello everyone, hope all is well. I purchased Bergmans fertilizer and have a question regarding measurements, per gallon/ 1/2 tsp, given weekly. Is that calculation for 1 plant or all 5 plants,
given for that week?

Best regard,
Julie

2 Likes

Howdy Julie
Welcome to forum.
Water according to size of your plant.
How big are they? :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you for responding. I started germinating today, and going to start with 6 plants. Bergmans fertilizer stated, that enough fertilizer for 5 plants, from start to finish.
The measurement( 1 gallon/ 2/3 tsp, fertilizer) didn’t state for how many plants. I am assuming that calculation is for one plant, however, don’t want to be wrong. I would have a major issue with too much fertilizer and don’t want to have to flush, from the start.

2 Likes

Have not used that fertilizer, @Myfriendis410 could you advise :thinking:
What are you growing in?
Soil?

Tent and soil.

1 Like

You should not need to feed seedling for a while,they don’t need it straight away.
What sort of soil?

1 Like

Fox farm, ocean forest.

2 Likes

I wanted this one, SuperSoil - SubCool’s Super Soil, but on a budget. What soil do you use?

1 Like

Yes SubCool ,what a legend.
I am going to make my own soil too for next year outdoor.
This year I just dug a hole outside threw in bag of compost and coco coir and mixed it up.
Worked OK,she is nearly ready.
I am in Australia ,we don/t have fox farm,etc.

2 Likes

You will have lots of people helping you here,when your seeds germinate don’t over water them
and keep a clear plastic cup over them to maintain humidity and you will not need to fertilize them straight away.

1 Like

I am using Bergmans as well.
I have been using it at about 1/3 or later on 1/2 strength.
obviously as everyone has mentioned a gallon of water with a seedling will last a lot longer than a gallon at 7 weeks.
I had seen where that amount mentioned on the feed chart was for coco grows, so soil grows needed to be reduced.
I figured having it a little bit hungry was better than burning the roots.
I just started the phase 3 ferts and 1/2 teaspoon to a gallon of my water gives me 800 ppm.
Groot seems happy, no ill effects so far so I am just gonna keep rolling with that until she tells me she needs something
It takes a full gallon now to do a full water at 45ish days old, and 1 or 2 days until next water only drink

This soil should carry your plants 5-6 weeks with PHd water only. As @Hashtonbutcher mentioned when they sprout mist the inside of a clear solo cup and cover the seedlings. They require very little water and will absorb the moisture from the solo cup dome through their leaves. It’s very easy to over water and dampen off the tiny tap root. I water a shot glass around the dome every 3-5 days or so :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

:100:.agree. If you give your plants nutes with the ocean forest it will just burn them. Wait 4-6 weeks and check the ppm and that will tell you what your feeding numbers should be . I used Bergmans for my first grow and switched to general hydro and then jacks 321. I would advise to find another nutrient line cause bergmans is expensive and not the best .

3 Likes

@j13alpha welcome! Mix your nutrients in gallons at a time according to the feed chart on the schedule. Water your plants until 15-20% of what you give them comes out. This is your runoff. For example, you feed ½ gallon, you want almost a pint to come out. This keeps a steady pH in your soil. Each plant will be a little different so don’t try to mix only exactly what they need. Just be mindful some plants might be more or less hungry than others. Hope this helps!!! Good luck and happy growing!!!

2 Likes

I ordered fertilizer from bergman but it didnt take the 10 bucks off like i thought it would cuz bergman said it would lol. Help plz i already ordered. What do i do?

I’m using happy frog soil and ILGM nutes. I’ve followed the chart since week one feeding once a week since she popped out the soil. Watering only when soil is dry. I follow the liter measurements instead of gallon. No issues for me I’m on day 35 now going great.

1 Like

I feed mine the Bergman requirements since they popped out of the soil and they are fine, I’m using happy frog soil. I just followed the directions on the Bergman nutes. Maybe my situation is different

I’m feeding the two little plants already just following the ILGM nutes chart

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone.

Australia, how cool, I’m in Arizona. Thank you for responding, and super excited to grow my own girls.