Bel's Green Babies (First Grow!)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah I’m done with city life, probably forever. But a home is a home, after all. :heart: I feel blessed to have one.

2 Likes

I feel you there.

2 Likes

Yeah that should be fine. Nothing devastating is gonna happen that’s for sure lol

2 Likes

Okay great. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Every corner store around here has digits 200.00 for 15$ … eeeverywhere… head shops… to make sure its accurrste… weigh you object and then add a single dollar bill to it and it should raise 1 gram exactly… a nickle weighs 5 grams exactly… add those it should raise exact… if it does it pretty dam accurate 15$ well spent
But I do like using my dads old Ohaus triple beam… …if that thing could talk… lol

3 Likes

Update!

Some pix of both the autos and the photos, just today.

(My fave, it’s a Gorilla Glue)

(The autos)

(The whole happy family, both the photos and autos together)

I’m still a little concerned about these photos, but maybe now that they’re in their new pots with the coco and the Jack’s, they’ll do a little better. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

If like to keep them in veg for quite a while longer, if I can, so I’ll have six in flower (the autos) and six in veg (the photos) for a while.

I’m thinking of leaving the autos alone, mostly, or maybe scrogging them, and lst-ing the photos, if there’s still time to do that. That said, a couple of the autos are getting… uh… pretty tall. A bamboo stake here and there, maybe?

This tent is gettin’ busy.

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments are more than welcome!

5 Likes

So the plants are doing well this morning! Light just now back on for the 18. Haven’t put the photos into flower yet. Waiting, waiting, gonna LST. They’re getting bigger, quick.

But I’m a iittle worried about two of the autos. The bottom-most leaves on the two tallest ones are turning a pretty light green.

Other than that, things are feeling pretty healthy and fun!

Any suggestions or ideas?

No nutes for them, (the autos) other than the original soil that they’ve been grown in. The photos seem cool with the Jack’s/coco.

(FF OF & HF.)

Need nutes? I dunno! That’s why I’m asking.

Haha.

Thanks you all! There’s no way I’d be this far already without your help.

Thinking seriously about starting my next six auto seeds now-ish!

An uh-oh moment, or I dunno! Can I take the sad looking leaves off? Or leave them alone.

2 Likes

The photos… and then the autos… (And if it didn’t need to be said again, TOTAL beginner here!!!)

3 Likes

Well, darnitt.

Looks like I need some nutes for the autos now.

I don’t know why I was thinking they were fine on the Fox Farms soils, alone, all the way through, ??? (WTHWIT) I could have sworn that that was what I read. But anyhow, I’m surely learning ALL about that now, sheesh. Just ordered some, (the FF trio of nutes) but they won’t be here until Tuesday. Also ordered a tds meter and a better, oscillating fan. (Really should have done that from the beginning.)

Man I hope they make it through this. And here I thought they were doing so great. :unamused: (Well they seemed to be, until just a few days ago.) Temps were fine, humidity was great, then drooping, yellowing… probably some over watering… and welp… yikes.

Looked up a lot about the light yellowing on the leaves, appears to be a nitrogen deficiency, and maybe more. :flushed::flushed::flushed:

I am wondering if I can add anything to them until it gets here… that’s six more days with no food. Geez. All I have on hand now is the Jack’s.

((Lol! Figures, right?))

Could I just add some of that, or at least the Nitrogen part of it to feed these gals, or wait until the proper FF nutes get here Tuesday? Should I remove the yellow leaves?

Guh. Pffffffft.

The photos are doing awesome, though. So that’s something I guess.

Maybe I can get them to bounce back. :pray::pray::pray::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

We’ll see.

Sigh.

1 Like

These others are still looking… eh… okay, although I’ve now (just recently) learned they are probably starving… (man.) but these two tallest auto plants are definitely suffering. (I’ve been reading the threads about nutes with FF soils, trying to learn new things this morning.) Was asking around on another thread I started on trying some lst related stuff, and found out what I might be doing wrong.

Apparently, some stuff.

Wow. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Hayelp meh… if yeh can. Any advice.

:pensive::pensive::pensive:

@imSICKkid @dbrn32 @AAA

(Hanging in there :point_up_2:)

(Not doing great, obviously… :point_up_2:) & then finally…

The photos…

(Doing better than I expected! :point_up_2:)

2 Likes

Only issue I see is the dryness of the soil and the coco. The plant in soil that is really droopy is just really thirsty. I wouldn’t let them get to that point especially in flower. And for the coco, you dont ever want it to dry up like it is. You need to keep it moist 24/7 otherwise you will have issues

3 Likes

Agreed ^

2 Likes

Thanks.

Yeah, I thought that too, but someone on a different thread just told me that they were over watered, and to let them dry out. :roll_eyes:

I think the autos might still need something else though… right? Nutrients? But yes. I’ll give 'em all a good watering today, and keep an eye on them.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Well, I’m going to guess someone was applying soil techniques to coco. Probably just honest mistake in not understanding the difference.

I can only share my my experience with coco. That is feed reasonably every time and don’t let completely dry out.

2 Likes

For soil check your ppm runoff, with your happy frog you’ll be feeding within a month. Since you have ocean mixed in, could be longer, but the light warrior counteracts that almost. Like dbrn said, coco is supposed to be watered everyday, unlike soil. And at a different ph. Most aim for 5.5 in coco and 6.2-6.5 in soil. Different nutrient levels for some lines too. Coco should already be feeding, soil start nutes once runoff drops to 800 ppm or below.

3 Likes

Also. I read on another thread that mixing coco/peat with soil, like light warrior with the others. Can cause ph issues too. Usually stick to one. Soil/innert media/hydro. But it should be fine if it’s just a solo cup amount placed in soil. Same as a jiffy starter. Just don’t mix it. If you want more drainage add perlite, if you want more moisture retention add vermicelli or whatever it’s called.

3 Likes

Thank you @Budz . & Thank you, guys.

I honestly wasn’t aware that the autos needed any additional nutrients. I thought that the FF soils just carried them all the way through, but apparently not. I ordered the FF nutes trio and it will be here Tuesday. I hope they can manage until then.

The photos are seeming to do pretty darn well… they seem hardy & love the coco and the Jack’s, thanks to the advice I got from @imSICKkid. That’s all been relatively easy to do, with a little bit of a learning curve… quite a bit of mixing and ph-ing. I just mix about three gallons at a time and use it up.

Yep, the autos/Photos are getting the waterings/feedings ph’d for them, individually. The Ph seems good on both sets. The yellow leaves are what was bothering me on the two autos. Can I remove them?

They are ALL getting so much bigger, so quick, though! I’ve been watching videos on topping, (?) lst work, that sort of thing, too. I’m guessing I should try to do something like that, or should I really just leave everything alone and see how it goes?

How much do you guys water these, in seven gallon pots? The water needs do seem to be increasing, but only really noticeably within the last couple of weeks. I use a watering can, a fairly smallish one, and use up the whole thing if maybe a little bit more. I’ve been watering every day or every other day, depending on how they look.

Just watered them all pretty well. Need to mix up some more Jack’s.

3 Likes

Vermicelli. Lol.

:stew::stew::stew::bowl_with_spoon::bowl_with_spoon::bowl_with_spoon:

:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I’ll check my ppm runoff as soon as I get my tds meter. Haven’t done that yet, have just checked the ph of the water and the Jack’s nutey water before feeding. :+1:

1 Like

Hah, yup. I don’t grow autos so can’t say much on them. They are more sensitive than photoperiod when it comes to training. Can train photoperiod till your heart contents as long as you give them time to heal in vegetative cycle. Just limit the stress.

2 Likes