Bel's Critical Mass SOG

You’re feeding coco to runoff daily? If not, once you get the jacks that’s what I would do.

5 Likes

Here is my concentrates and food journal along with Blackthumbbetty’s… for some recipes

3 Likes

I’ve never watered daily, (seemed like overkill?) but I’ll definitely try that now! And yep, I always water until there’s some decent runoff. Seem to be filling up more and more jugs as I grow. Thankfully, I got a brand new shop sink installed upstairs here, so that will at least be easier for me. Whew.

Ready and armed today, with my Jack’s and the Spinosad. Will do the watering/feeding/trimming (sigh, always seem to be trimming bad leaves) first, then I plan to spray with this fine formula thoroughly tonight at lights out.

(By the way… How often have you used it, at what intervals, and how long would you wait until the next application? The instructions were rather sparse with any info related to cannabis plants. I read the Amazon reviews though, and it seems like it works pretty darn well for Marijuana growers. :+1:)

((Watch out spider mites. I’m comin’ for yeh. OhYeah.))

Found some interesting facts about how Spinosad was “discovered,” here: (while researching to make sure it’s safe for my eventual ladybugs).

It was apparently discovered in a rum distillery by a scientist! :wink: Hahaha. :tumbler_glass:

A Warm and Fuzzy Insecticide Piece Part 1
https://fifthseasongardening.com/a-warm-and-fuzzy-insecticide-piece

3 Likes

(Oh, and if that link is not allowed, please lemme know, and I can remove it?)

Thanks so much!

1 Like

@Caligurl

Thank you so much!

Yep, I’ve read some of both of your threads… and I’ll put them both on my reading list for today so I can look at them more closely. Always looking for new ways to make edibles and concoctions in my witchy kitchen. Lol. :mage:

Much appreciated!!!

What is your fave method of delivery and infusion?

:v:

• Bel :heart:
3 Likes

Coco doesn’t behave properly if allowed to dry out, and it’s mechanical properties drive it to shed water quickly. That’s why i suggest to feed mature plants daily. It may be the reason you are losing leaves and will hopefully slow that down.

If I spray anything on my plants I try to do at or around lights out.

5 Likes

I solely make a wax/dab from QWET. It melts easily into anything and if I don’t decatb first hubby can use his Seahorse attached to his bong for smoking

3 Likes

I know its been answered but I want to add a why coco needs to be watered daily. Or even more often.
This is a close up of what plant roots look like.

Those tiny hairs are what uptake food and water to your plant. If allowed to dry those hairs dry up and die very quickly. Once enough moisture is present the plant must regrow those superfine hairs to get food again.
So when the coco dries out too much the ability of the root system to bring sufficient food to the plant is hindered and it looks like a nutrient deficiency but in reality is a root problem.
The structure of coco allows it breath and hold lots of oxygen in pockets and gaps between the fibers. It works against you if not kept wet as those gaps where those tiny hairs are are now too dry for those hairs to live and they curl up and die.
In a one gallon fabric pot you may have to water twice a day at peak growing time. Good news is coco can be watered a lot without issues. Because it drains so well the roots have lots of air and dont drown.

actual cannabis root

5 Likes

Well that explains a lot, and thank you for the descriptive info, @Spiney_norman ! I guess I hadn’t thought of the medium that way… that is really not “soil,” but something else entirely.

Just watered like crazy this morning… looking a little bit better the last couple of days after trimming, spraying and now watering more often. (Things are looking a bit untidy in my tent right now, my apologies. Scrambling to get packed.

Going on vacation this weekend to an Ozarks lakeside resort with my sister and a friend (yesssss!!!) so I’m leaving my ladies in the hands of my reliable helpers for a couple of days. Got the feed all mixed up for them, and boy… am I ready for this.

Hot tub and massages, here we come! Woo Hoooooo!

(We need it!)

Will check in maybe a couple of times while I’m away, just to get some ILGM reading in. (Also bringing a couple of good books that I have been meaning to read.) I will check in again when I get back!

Thank you all so much, you have always been such a helpful and knowledgeable group of folks.

Peace out, and see you all after a nice long weekend of bliss! :grin::blush::v::love_you_gesture: Ohhhhh.Yeah.

7 Likes

I’ve read a little about the QWET… must try that when I get back home! Thank you! :hugs:

2 Likes

They’re looking happy now!!

Enjoy your getaway!

4 Likes

@Beltana Mercy! The gals have bounced back and are looking much better than last 4 days ago. Looks like you’ve gotten some great advice too and are putting it to use. Those babies are responding very well. :love_you_gesture: Enjoy that weekend of bliss! :v:

4 Likes

I agree, looks like you’re in good shape. Enjoy your vacation

4 Likes

Its beautiful right now with the fall colors
I m in between Table Rock and Stockton lakes.

3 Likes

Enjoy your rest and relaxation trip!!!

1 Like

Thank you all! Had a WONDERFUL vacation, very relaxing. The marina was gorgeous at night at the Lake of the Ozarks (Camden on the Lake) and here are a couple of photos of the lake from the view from our room.

Meanwhile…

The Ladybugs are in place, and the plants are looking much better! Going to water the plants, trim a little bit (they look like they don’t need much this time!) soak some raisins for the ladyfellows, and and will take some updated pix of the plants soon. I think I’m about ready to switch the light cycle… I think the plants are getting to that point. Time to black out my windows again. (Oh yeah.)

MUCH healthier now. :heart:

7 Likes

Beautiful! I have a friend with vacation home on the lake near Camdenton I think? In a cove around mile marker 24. We haven’t visited in a couple years, way overdue.

2 Likes

Thank you!

It was just what we needed, my sis and I. We both got GREAT massages (much needed) and had a couple of nights of glorious dining out… so we were quite spoiled for the weekend. It was grand.

It was fun during the days, too… because there were so few people there. We kind of had the whole place to ourselves. The folks at Camden on the Lake were so super nice and accommodating to us.

There was a group of younger frat boys (and a lotta gals, with them, haha) across the way in a couple of little vacation homes. They had a bomb sound system, so every morning we’d awaken to “Gimme the Beat Boys/Drift Away,” followed with a lot of great jams during the day. We were just rocking out from our balcony, dancing along to the music, and enjoying the vibe. At night, I was out there for hours alone, in the quiet, just watching the moonlight shimmer on the water, clearing my mind.

Needed that oh, so much.

My extended relatives have a summer home there as well, but I don’t go much anymore for those soirees on season because it’s just gotten a too chaotic for me. But I still do enjoy visiting every couple of years. We only live a couple of hours away from there, so we ought to go more often, but I think when the weather gets warm again, we may go to Table Rock… closer to where @Spiney_norman was talking about. Or both. Who knows.

(Or better yet, I may actually get to travel and sing at my favorite festivals again next summer, Goddess willing! I really miss my friends and folks up in Minnesota and Wisconsin, and we usually get around the country a lot more in the summer than we’ve been able to for the just couple of years. Miss the road trips.)

Getting ready to mix up a bunch of feed, then water and trim today, (been slacking a bit). Have been watering every day as you suggested, and yes, they seem to be doing so much better! Hardly a leaf has fallen. I even built a little ladybug home for the critters, and they seem to be doing their work and enjoying the tent well enough. (I almost have to zip myself in to get any work done, though. Hahaha. I find them getting more active and trying to fly out and into my room when I have the doors open.)

I’m planning to flip the light schedule very soon… when I am finished working in there over the next day or two, I’ll share pix and ask opinions… but geez… the plants are really growing rapidly now, and you can see the change, each and every day now. I don’t want them to get as out of control as I let them get the last time. Hahahaha. (Literal trees, they were.)

So I’m off to my tent… the rest of the family went to yet another Thanksgiving dinner today so I have the house to myself for an entire day. Whew.

Here we go… ladybugs in the air, and in my hair, and leaves flying everywhere!

:lady_beetle::lady_beetle::lady_beetle::blush::blush::blush::v::v::v:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and I am thankful for all of you! :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome to our neck of the woods!
Lol,
We are not to far from there…there is a book you might like too read , if you liked the area, people and pot growing stories!
I actually knew some the people that were talked about in the book.
It’s about a pot grower and a sheriff’s life.
Not a great writer, but a good story!
“When money grew on trees”
Look it up, check it out!
I bought a copy on Amazon after reading a cousins copy that she had signed by the pot grower himself, kinda funny!

1 Like

Wow. I read the description…

Sounds intriguing! Thanks! I’ll check it out.