Believe me, if I can keep them alive you can too!

The operation was a success.

Gave another good look at cherry bombs trichs…whole plant picture she looks done but we’re still looking at half clear half cloudy. Back in the flower tent she goes.

@Bodiefromthewire Welcome to my little corner of the forums.

1 Like

Banana blaze putting on color like crazy. Everything in my tent turns colors. Why have I bought so much green weed in my life.

4 Likes

Gorilla zkittlez not only fully dry in under three days…she went too far and I had to bring it back up a bit with leaves off other plants. I guess I’m not fixing this without major renovations or additions to my space. On the plus side the GZ tastes great and is super potent. I’m not getting any hay smell or chlorophyll taste or any other negative effects that I can discern from these fast dries. GZ has the strongest smack you in the face high of anything I’ve grown so far. Had a feeling it would with how frosty it was and dank it smelled. Yeah the wake and bake has me fried I think that’s all I came here to talk about, lol.

2 Likes

My patience is running thin with this gsc x jh. I’m really just getting tired of looking at it. It was a royal pain but I pulled it out of the tent and flushed it out. First bit of runoff that I remembered to test, not the first that came out though, was over 1000. I haven’t fed it in awhile either so I guess it was sitting in a pretty toxic environment. Flushed it down to 300 and didn’t feed so with that, the stem split, and the root damage…she calls it quits? Maybe? Her red has really filled in the last two days so maybe she’s getting the hint.

1 Like

The babies. Big bomb has fat weird leaves. We’ll see about her. Being an auto she’s on a short leash. I’ll yank her real quick and drop another if she grows weird.

The veggers

White widow looking yummy.

Cherry bomb - I split her stem yesterday. These pics are at 24 hours of darkness. I’m going to give her 24-48 more. She got an ice bath also.

@Covertgrower

If I recall you were relatively new to jacks last we talked about it, you still like it? I’m gonna run out of my bloom stuff soon and am entertaining a switch.

1 Like

I switched mid grow from fox farm and see a huge difference. Plus the ease of mixing…I can mix the day before or a few days before and it’s ready, which means I can run out in the am at lights on, feed and be done within 5min and don’t skip a beat in my normal pre-work routine.

2 Likes

Nice to hear because for the price. I get 25 lb bags and im set for…I did the math but I forget 5600~ gallons for one of them…the ease of same formula and stuff throughout…I just wonder about it and soil and when to start and burn…but I’ll work that out.

Edit checked again so almost 3800 gallons before I buy again…other than a trip to Walmart for epsom

3 Likes

Well…there is a reason a lot of people switch. Look at I’m sick kid, afgvet, Hellraiser and many others, plus greengene on YT…to me seeing others results helped make my decision easy

2 Likes

Alright so in my experience marijuana growers are a rather intelligent bunch, especially at the commercial level…why are other nutrient companies still in business?

1 Like

Flashy looking marketing?? Jacks isn’t flashy, it isn’t expensive, it’s just simple nutrients.

I walk in a local hydro shop, and see all the flashy looking labels, but compare them all side by side and they are all very similar…(some sell a part A and a part B, some sell a 3 part series etc) Look at all the brands of calmag for example all are damn near identical, but flash sells.

Or how about “Terpinator” sounds badass, but it’s just potassium sulfate, which is also in the downtoearth line, but it’s just plainly labeled as only potassium sulfate…put them side by side and I’d bet the Terpinator sells out before one bag of the other sells.

Honestly I think in the end that they all do about the same thing, some have more of one thing, some more of another, some have amendments you need to add in conjunction with and some don’t…

To each their own i suppose, but I like simple…and jacks is simple

2 Likes

At this point I think I’m between the jacks and some sort of living soil arrangement. I love the idea. Sounds complicated to get it running though.

Edit: read this article and my head is spinning

1 Like

Which one sounds complicated, living soil? I’d agree…I’d love to have a compost pile full of red worms and be able to go out and grab a few gallons but it’s not practical for me.

As for jacks, it’s as simple as 3.5g per gallon of part A and 1.2g of epsom salt, stir and dissolve then add 2.5g of the part B…feed every single time, no schedule to follow, and you start at seedling and stay the same all the way through to harvest.

2 Likes

Oh yeah the living soil. The compost pile isn’t practical for me either…what the hell do I tell the kids I’m doing with it…I’d have to legit grow a garden…maybe I do that…but anyway I digress…while complicated at first. It’s just straight water once its up and running. Plus there are claims of added terp/oil production that other methods can’t achieve. But yeah agreed if not that, jacks is seeming like the light.

1 Like

This grow no flower boosters. Still working very well.

2 Likes

The blue dream clone is ready to go into some dirt I reckon. This is the furthest I have gotten one.

This clone was taken like three days into flower…so technically a monster clone?

2 Likes

This one is a toss up. It might show normal growth.

2 Likes

We shall see, thanks.

2 Likes

This is what it looks like right now, occurs to me that might be a good picture to look back on.

1 Like

Cherry bomb pulled out of solitary today. Chopped, washed, fan dried, photo shoot, then into the tent to dry. One fan running this time for air movement.

2 Likes