Believe me, if I can keep them alive you can too!

PK has really taken off in the last couple days. You can see the dark green kinda ruffled look on some leaves. Thinking that was too much nitrogen in the last feed, could be wrong. I’m not worried about it either way. Doesn’t seem to have slowed em down. I deleted a previous entry about growth during darkness. It was pointed out to me by someone with way more knowledge that “growth” and “stretch” are different things. So, last two days I have experimented with 24 on 0 off and they sure have been growing like crazy. Couple more days of 24-0 and I’m flipping to 12-12. Haven’t decided on extended dark period or not. How can I give some a dark period and others less and or none? Trash bags don’t seem safe. Assume there is nowhere else that I can put them in the dark for a day(s).

Gelato. the runt. Looking pretty good.

G13

PH

PK

6 Likes

Got the PVC shell put together for the veg zone. Mylar roll comes in Saturday then I’ll finish it up. Moved the little guys out. Future # 1 and gorilla zkittlez broke ground a little while ago. The shell of lemon haze did crack open this morning. Along with eleven roses. They are germinating in co co.

I am not the most patient person if you haven’t noticed. I went ahead and turned the main tent light off. Will come back on tomorrow at 8am. Then the 12-12 commences!

2 Likes

Okay, so turns out I’m a dumbass and was mistaking the little pointy leaves for pistils. Back into veg mode for everybody. Soon as I see the first sign of maturity I’ll flip to 12 12.

On the plus side the 16 hours of darkness did wonders for the small bushy guys. They stretched out a good bit so I feel like more light will penetrate now.

GSC x JH was the only one the stretch wasn’t great for, she was already tall. I tied her down to slow her down a bit.

Gorilla z and F#1 spread their cotelydons this morning. Calling this day one for them. 8/7.

The two purps in the back right are praying a bit so I pulled the light up. It is now hooked directly to the support bars via a carabiner. Gonna need four short chains next time I need to go up.

5 Likes

Plants look great brother. Nothing to worry about at all just keep doing what you are doing and they will turn out just fine.

3 Likes

Fixed my light height situation and purp kush already done praying back there.

5 Likes

Back to 24-0 for now. 11 roses just broke ground over night but hasn’t stood up yet. Lemon haze is about to do the same can just see her through the coco. 2046 was the last holdout from the seed city order but she cracked the shell overnight. Had her in a paper towel after 24 hour soak just until I saw some sign of being viable seed then she was planted half inch deep in pro mix potting mix. I am adopting the paper towel method but only for seeds that haven’t shown any sign of viability by the end of the 24 hour soak. I will not be letting them grow tails in the paper towel at all. I still don’t think this is wise. Anyway, germ success rate now stands at 22-0, 100%. As far as I’m concerned if it cracks open it was a good seed and I’ll take the blame for what happens to it after that.

Poor baby GDP really hating life after her second transplant in a week. WW not much happier. They have two days to stop with the attitudes or they are getting ripped out and discarded. Would start another WW seed and roll with big GDP in that case.

2 Likes

Veg zone almost complete. Just waiting on the Velcro tape to make the door. Pretty good I think!

The girls - ~ 3 weeks!

3 Likes

GDP really building some thick stems to hold up her only two branches :joy:. Despite my abuse she looks good.

Purple kush is growing new stems where I topped her. She’s the only one of my plants that did that. Anyone know why?

GSC x JH taking well to the LST. Gotta say I did much better this time around.

This poor girl been stuck like this for 24 hours. We’ll see but her days might be numbered.

3 Likes

Wow was just scrolling up for a picture comparison on GDP. What a difference 6 days makes!

She was barely reaching the top of the 5 gallon pot.

Now she’s towering over that sucker.

6 Likes

Everybody looking great! Gave them a three hour nap last night. Back to 24-0 been on 24-0 for five days or so other than that dumb stuff I did thinking i could flower them. They are getting BIG. Definitely gonna have space problems but whatever I’ll deal.

Out of the little guys destined for the veg tent. Gorilla zkittlez is killing it. She’s this rounds GDP. Everybody has broken ground but I’m not sure on that one that won’t open her cotelydons.

So my pots are at the weight that I usually water. Not gonna lie I got into what I thought was a sensible watering routine before I found this place. My pots have never been dry. They have also never been watered to runoff nor even fully saturated. The most I have given one at one time was a half gallon. They seem to like what I’m doing. When is this gonna bite me in the ass? Why? I’m thinking nutrient build up, right? However I’m feeding at 280-420 ppm depending on which plant and experimenting to find out how much is too much. I am giving regular PHd tap water in between. So aren’t the roots just using that “buildup,” if there even is any during the plain watering? I’m considering letting these three that are “ready” (by my standard) go another day or two and then watering a little heavier but why should I mess with what’s working so well? Could they really be doing better than this at three weeks?

2 Likes

Played around with some LST today. The mission: making some super bushes.

Here’s the before shot on purple kush

The after. I ended up tying down two more branches but forgot to take another picture.

And the three hours after that…pretty cool recovery!

GDP not done being abuse yet

Before

After

And one of GSC x JH added some more time downs to her and cranked the main stem down further.

3 Likes

They obviously love LST so I went ahead and did some work on two of the three I had left, g13 and critical bilbo. Gelato is too damn short and thick I feel like she’s gonna snap so she gets left alone…for now. Might pull her out of the tent and let her stretch in the dark by herself somewhere.

G13 Before

After

CB before

After

3 Likes

Yanked baby ph pk gdp and ww out of there. No room for anybody else. GDP had about ten times the root mass of ww at a couple days apart. I gotta say homegrown cannabis’ GDP is a VERY impressive strain through the two seeds I’ve dropped of it so far. Highly recommend if you haven’t tried the strain yet and want to. PH and PK were in same pots as the big ones so I clipped their stem at the soil line to not mess with the big ones roots. I stripped pH and pk down and then dipped them in some honey and put them in soil just for fun. They both started growing roots within 2 days. I threw them out anyway because I don’t have room, but good to know for the future.

1 Like

Veg tent basically complete. Just waiting on the light and inline fan to arrive. Went with a spider farmer sf1000 for the 1x2.5 space. Found one for 80 bucks and couldn’t pass up the deal. Once I switch from the 320 watt blurple and put in the inline exhaust it should be good to go. I’m just gonna leave the minor light leaks in the front and bottom to suck in cool air down there while I exhaust from the top. Should work I think.

Four out of six autos sprouted today in the main tent. Blackberry, lemon pie, wedding cheesecake, and lsd 25…I dug up tangiematic she looks good sprinkled some dirt back over her, should be up soon. Dug up orange sherbet and found the tail wrapped around the seed itself. I really gently straightened her out a bit and forced dirt b/t the tail and seed so the tail couldn’t rewrap…it was certainly trying to. Reburried her. See what she does. I can say confidently that it would not have lived if I just left it alone. It was wrapped tight. Makes me wonder how many seeds get scrapped because they are dead by the time anyone checks what’s going on, if they ever do. So far perfect germ rate but I have helped a few sprout. Like lemon haze in the above picture. I found her sitting in a u shape. Seed up, end of tail up, body of tail bottom of the u. I fixed her and buried. She still sad looking but maybe she lives. Prob never sprouts if I didn’t intervene.

Well six out of seven big girls looking good

Critical bilbo throwing a tantrum

Overall she’s not terrible looking. I just fed them all yesterday though so it was definitely gonna get worse in the coming days. I pulled her out and flushed heavily with ph 5.8-6.1 tap water. Ran about seven gallons through her. Should do the trick I guess.

Just looked close with my jewlers loupe and found calyx on four plants. 12-12 starts today…for real this time!

Struggled to get decent pictures of one but you can see that one pretty good.

Yesterday was a struggle to find calyx on my plants and then this morning after twelve hours of darkness I can see a ton more of them with the naked eye. These plants are all less than four weeks old. So my thought is…perhaps that 16-20 hour dark period I gave them last week sped up their quest to sexual maturity or prepped them for it somehow and then the subsequent 12 hour dark period a week later triggered it into full effect. I’m still not sure how this all works but my plants do seem ahead of schedule for typical female photos from what I’m reading. So can we prep a photo for flower with an extended dark period at the end of week 2/ beginning of week 3? Yeah who cares right? I’ll just buy auto seeds if I want that. I’ll experiment with it in the future with the same strain just because I’m curious, even if it is just useless information :yum:

1 Like

It’s amazing how much bigger GZ is than everybody else so far. Six days old today. The guys in the three gallon pots are two day old autos getting 24-0 for as long as they fit in the veg tent.

Big girls getting fat and bushy. Once they get their stretch on they should fill out as pretty nice plants I think.

1 Like

Ok my wife must be giving this one steroids. This thing not slowing down at all.

the future # 1 right behind it sprouted on the same day! Eight days old.

And the big girls. 3 days into 12-12. About a month since sprouting.

1 Like