Beginning of a SCROG

I will add a reference to what @Budz offered. Can’t give a direct link so check
growweedeasy DOT com SCROG tutorial
This is my first use of a two net scrog. I do not however use a net primarily for training purposes. I use it to help manage and maintain a consistent canopy height. And, in a two net setup to provide support for the buds. I am hoping I will need the second net and it is not just wishful thinking.
It is a Nugbuckets Mainline and vegged for 77 days.

This was a faster growing main so I bent it over using the net. In other situations I simply tie it to the frame or the net depending on the direction I want it to go

I do most of the work and training well before the net goes up - couple of weeks earlier

Good luck

5 Likes

I do have a second scrog to throw uptop if needed i made with 4x4 holes in it the bottom has w.5 inches between screws top is 4. Guess ill see how it works out for me lol. Im just gonna zip tie the scrog to the 4 corner poles in tent. Mine is not all fancy like urs is lol. Not til i find a nice house with a basement to play with. Then all the fun can happen plus ill have a few grows under me and should be good to get a nice setup going. Love the scrog setup tho. Nice and clean looking.

The best part is, it has casters so I can spin it and move it around, even roll it out of the light tower to work on it.
In my 3x3 I installed a PVC pipe frame before assembling the tent

6 Likes

I thought about doing the tent like this but figured zip tie i can cut and move scrog easy if i have to for any reasons. I have alot going for me here lol. The scrog is a project im doing at my neighbors house to learn him on growing and getting a scrog filled up. So far he is doing super well at all listening and doing. He is 74 and loves smoking pot lol. I have going at home 2x auto flowers in my spare bathroom under 2 hlg w60xls and 1x hlg 30uva bar and hlg far red bulb. Photo room has a scorpion diablo 1 260xl 3x 30uva bars and 8 photos of diff kinds lol

4 Likes

yeah that is where the double decker scrog is and I am working on making some more space. Growing is addictive.

2 Likes

Yes it is. I used to smoke a whole lot. Now i grow what i smoke i dont smoke as much. The weed is better by far alot better. And i just dont wanna smoke it because it looks and smells so nice lol. Ive cut back alot on smoking since growing but i really enjoy this sport here. And yes its a sport not a hobby. They give u hell sometimes and make it like a sport lol. Bout to change a few things in my rooms and have my exhaust vent into my crawl space above as the last 2 nights for some reason i have woke up to my rooms being 70% rh and68 degrees. Dehumod running hard as hell so vent to a new spot and see if that helps me out.

4 Likes

@Mark0427 those look beautiful! See maybe I am over thinking things honestly and I figured I would top when it is taller, I’m thinking 7-8 nodes per plant, that way I’ll have a bunch of tops when I finally install my trellis. I don’t NEED to move my plants

@Davyg its just something I notice I do a lot. I’ll just have to not do that :sweat_smile: and yes it is addicting! When I was trimming my plant last grow it was so calming just sitting there manicuring the buds just the way I wanted them. It was like the ultimate control freaks outlet. I love it. :rofl:

2 Likes

That looks beautiful @beardless amazing work there! I’ll have to look through all the guides posted for more research. So after I top is when I would out the trellis up correct?

A. Yes, here is my last true SCROG grow (not just using the net for support & separation like I usually do). There are 4 plants (clones) making up this SCROG

B. I would grow the plants like I usually do and top them when they have the number of nodes I want to use to fill the screen, then as they get some size, install the net and start working the branches so they grow horizontally under the net with bud sites coming up thru the net, eliminating any bud sites that don’t make it to the screen.

You’re off to a good start, though I do not combine LST and SCROG as it appears you’ll be doing, not that there is anything wrong with that, but keep in mind that LST will make similar results to topping - makes the side branches grow out and reduces growth from the top, so that may interfere with your future topping plans and coming up with the number of branches you want, but I’m not a LST guy.

8 Likes

Oooooh gotcha! On the LST hope it doesn’t interfere with the toppings later, I figured since I only had 2 plants I needed to get them to grow more horizontally than vertically. See I wasn’t understanding that topping and scrog go hand in hand. But LST is something completely different. Which is what I’m doing with the string. I thought it was LST and scrog that went hand in hand.

2 Likes

Yeah some do LST and SCROG, I do topping and SCROG. either way can work.

4 Likes

Golly @Hellraiser that picture you uploaded sure is a beaut! I’m starting to understand what I did wrong last time, I mean it was an amazing plant yield was decent but I know I could’ve gotten more.

2 Likes

WOW.

That is freaking Magnificent.

Beautiful colors!!!

2 Likes

What a help you are @Budz !

@pr huh? All I did here was link to the main site. Since so many end up here somehow without knowing about the grow bible and grow guides on the main site. This is just the forum after all. Back in the day that was how main sites and forums worked. You didn’t go to the forum with a question already answered on the main site. But meh. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Exception to further understanding of course.

2 Likes

Just a compliment on ya. I find myself going to forum as opposed to guides on sites, just for the social jibber jabber aspect!

2 Likes

I do like the jibber jabber. But when I really want to know how/why something does/works. I can’t skim past it all to get to information. So unless it’s very specific to a right now situation, I always divert to guides or dr Bugbee. Thats the only way I can usually obtain not only all the information I needed, but what I didn’t even know I wanted yet too. speaking of jibber jabber. It’s already 9 and I forgot to order the carb gaskets for the tractor. Means another day it’s down. Lol. Damn stoner(me)

2 Likes

@Budz i honestly thought you had to pay for the grow bible and I didn’t feel like searching for it because well even with a VPN And using DuckDuckGo I’m still cautious. But I really appreciate the links and the info! I’m not even sure how I found this forum I just came across it in my research and ever since I’ve been here asking questions. Learning as I go. Thank you for the links I bookmarked them!

1 Like

@Hellraiser words can not describe how beautiful that is, that is amazing for four plants!

1 Like

Thanks! They came from an awesome clone mother, makes my job easy.

2 Likes