Beginning of a SCROG

@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Davyg @MaD-VapoR you guys are growers with more experience than me when it comes to growing. This is only my second plant but I wanted to start a new thread for SCROG and wanted to know
A) if you have attempted a SCROG.
B) how would you have began this SCROG with these 2 plants did I do right or did I make a beginners mistake.
C) if you know anyone who is an expert and you respect their opinions about SCROG and I didn’t tag them go ahead and tag them.

1 Like

The pictures didn’t load.

1 Like

Ypure not planning to scrog right now are you? Because it would be useless. But you’re headed in the right direction. Top and Supercrop,lst until your get your plants nice and wide with alot of tops. Then put your trellis net up

2 Likes

Just continue training until she’s big enough for a screen. Doing great.

3 Likes

@Dieselgrow1031 this is my second grow first attempt at scrog, last grow all I experimented with was topping, then I also did a bad attempt I think at LST. I started too late I know that which is why I started early now, and I’m not sure I figured I would get the plants to take up as much space as they could by bending them instead of just letting them grow tall. I’m still new to this so my thinking right now is get them to grow sideways as best as the can so they can take up space. It’s hard to put into words but based off my last grow I am definitely installing my trellis net this time around

1 Like

Look at the forum. There topics about topping lst and scrog,so whatever you want to know its on here. Jist search it and you can read it all

Anyways another thing I’m worried about when it comes to a scrog is the fact that I move my plant a lot, to feed and to inspect, also when I’m low stress training of course so would that mean I would have to make the trellis moveable with the plants as well? I’ve seen this done with pvc and whatnot but mind you I’m trying to do this as simple as possible…seems to me like scrog will significantly make things more difficult but will significantly be worth it of course because who doesn’t want more bud. I just want to make sure I am understanding everything correctly

If you use your tent poles to your advantage you can slide it up as needed in the beginning stages but once its really grown in and flowering I dont suggest raising it up to take them out and mess with them. You would have too have a back opening as well as get down under the canopy to inspect and to collect run off and defoliate and such. You can grow them taller as well so its easier to do

2 Likes

See I thought about that and that’s what I was going to do, I guess I really don’t understand the scrog yet fully. I’m thinking I can fill my tent pretty full doing this with just 2 plants but I could be mistaken. All I know is I want better than what I got last time

@Dieselgrow1031 im thinking instead of height I want width to fill the tent and give me more yield. I have a trellis net and was going to hook it on the poles or I could build a trellis support system which is more work than I’m wanting to do as I’m hoping the net will suffice

If you’re moving your plant a lot then scrog isn’t for you @Jun3Bug. Your plants will be growing through that scrog net and that will be them pretty much fixed after that. There are alternatives like LST that would allow you to fix a frame to your pot but that would depend on pot and plant size though

Don’t forget the guides.

2 Likes

Welcome to the addiction of growing :scream:. To fill your tent just top her. She will bush right out that way and you can use the top as a clone :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Hellraiser @kaptain3d @AfgVet i know they scrog and @AfgVet has some beautiful plants lol.

3 Likes

@Jun3Bug this is how i am starting my plant to fill up a dcrog. 1 plant 2x2 tent

7 Likes