Beginning my perpetual harvest with live soil

I didn’t have any fabric pots to transplant the girls in before flower. They’ll be here Wednesday, so I won’t be transplanting them, but I’m going to bury them with the fabric pots still on. In 3-gallon fabric pots that afternoon. It won’t be transplant shock in flower, and if the 3 pots get ruined, oh well. I’m slowly going to stock up on them. If I need 1 or 2 I’ll get a 5 pack etc. I’m tying them around more while I can. They twisted as hell, but all those bud spots are exposed nicely from an untopped plant IMO.

2 Likes

I get to add a couple more plants to the thread. I have decided to just pick one now. For my grow off thread. These two have also been trained into a manifold. They’re going good and snipped their two original fan leaves as well tonight.

I’ve labeled each plant now. I have Victoria, Bridgette, and Bertha lol. Here is Victoria, defoliated, and twist tied the fan leaves back, so the whole bud sites are exposed to light.

2 Likes

I’m having some fun with training the youngest manifold girl @DoobieNoobie Instead of growing her out normal for the manifold. I’m attempting to train the stem to twist at that the second node and twist back for the third node. Top at the fourth node. I’m sure it’s been tried, but haven’t researched it. If it works, I’m just going to call it the V12 manifold lol.

3 Likes

My defoliation is already paying off. All the growth spots are up in the air, soaking in that light! I adjust some fan leaves that werent happy they were put lower.

3 Likes

My wife got some good news today! She’s getting a promotion in June and were relocating to Colorado around November. Legal state, here I come. Don’t really care about taxes on it etc. I grow a small amount for me only. The main attraction is the environment there. Living with so much to do outside. Its going to be great!!!

2 Likes

Its only been a few hours, but man I’m loving this one. Just need a foot or more of growth now, and flowering she will go. Just a flat canopy of 8 colas.

3 Likes

That looks really good! This is the only second time I’ve seen it done so far but the end result is awesome :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, this is my first time doing a manifold plant. I have 3 other a couple weeks behind this one.

2 Likes

Well it looks really good you’re doing a good job!

2 Likes

@garrigan62 can you take me out of this growing competition, please. I really love coming to this forum, but every time I go to the off topic to read about the grows. It’s just a pi**ing contest and pretty much is a bummer trying to compete and as a really new grower. I’d like to stay away from all that, and just continue to learn more and more ways to grow. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m really excited to see this defoliate manifold girl to start growing vertical now. Just 12" to 16" of vertical colas, and into flower she goes. Depends how much defoliation I do before flower.

1 Like

They all had their usual watering amount, but the 1-gallon plants are sucking it down. I’m going to give them 24hrs, and transplant into 3-gallon smart pots with Natures Living Soil mix.

1 Like

They’re thirsty girls LMAO :joy:

1 Like

Hells yes they are. They should love the 3-gallon pots to keep stretching out in. When the biggest manifold girl “Victoria” has been in the 3-gallon pot for a month. I am going to a 1/4" layer of Natures Living Soil to the top for some feeding.

1 Like

I bet Victoria will love that! She will like the bigger pot for sure :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to here, but no problem done.

1 Like

It’s going to suck getting this manifold a decent picture of it in flower. When it comes to that.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to transplant the 3 young manifold plants today. They’re stretching outside their pot width now. Going to put them in 3-gallon pots. They should love the new space, and with the organic living soil in the 3-g

allon pots.

2 Likes

Here’s their new homes. Had to put two up on a stand some. I didn’t have enough same style smart pots. Live and learn, I’ll remember this for the next grow.

2 Likes

I’m done with the Ushio bulbs for good. For 60 a bulb I don’t expect it to burn out in 7 to 10 days. Had to put the 400w ballast back up, so i could put a HPS bulb back in it.

1 Like