Beginning 5th week white widow auto

Complete newb. What am i looking at in this pic? Flowering? Just regular veg stage?

1 Like

It’s the start of flowering. Those white hairs are referred to as pistils.

4 Likes

Thaks @MidwestGuy Should the light and feeding change?
Here is the current configuration:

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
White widow from ILGM
-Age of plant
5 weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Soil (stagreen). Premixed at 0.10-0.08-0.06
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
3 gallon fabric
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
6.5-7?
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
Chemical reaction and color chart
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 4x4
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
led401f/2/grow/b
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
17 on 7 off
-Temps; Day, Night
Warming up now. 75-80f day/70-75 night
-Humidity; Day, Night
Day 60-70. Night 40-55
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, small fan venting 4x4 space
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No
I have it, should I use it?

1 Like

Temps and RH look good, lighting unfortunately is grossly underrated. Are you going for an organic grow or synthetic nutrients? A PH and TDS measuring tool is a must and critical. The most valuable lesson I learned was proper PH and PPMs of my medium and nutrient solution :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Currently the soil i used contains .10-.08-.06
I have this as the ph test kit. Recommended lighting?

1 Like

Yep OG nailed it. You will need to get a ph pen and tds meter. Then you can measure your run off water to see when you will need to start feeding. And yes congrats she’s a girl and you are in the beginning of flower

2 Likes

Recommendation on the Ph and TDS meters?

1 Like

@Knigit since you are growing an auto, maybe crank you lighting to 20/4 schedule. Autos can handle lots of light, even 24/0, altho many folks like to give them a 4 hour rest. An extra 3 hours per day will help them, regardless of the light you are using or upgrade to!

1 Like

:point_up_2: @Knigit winner winner. I looked up your soil and could t narrow it down with all the varieties Sta-Green has but the above works for all amended soils. Fox Farm mediums are usually fed with nutrients from week 4-6 after checking run off around week 4. I would suggest a slurry test straight from the bag, this will give you an idea of how much this soil has been amended but a TDS pen is needed as well as distilled water :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

For PH I use an Apera 20 and a Blue Lab TDS pen.

1 Like

For lighting I try and stay around 40 watts minimum per square foot this was a general rule of thumb from the days of HPS and SMH. This also depends on how many plants your trying to flower. 1 plant would require less than 2-3. I started with 2 plants and a Will 100 watt in a 32” x 38” closet and that was inadequate for flowering but good in veg. Personally I would go large now if it’s in the budget because growing is addictive and your plant count will increase :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks for advice, ordered recommended tools

1 Like

I have only 200W in a 9 sq ft room which is below minimum. That’s only 22 W per sq ft. :flushed:

I compensate a little by having the light closer than most growers. My tent is in a very cool 60 F basement so radiant heat from the light is not a big deal… even with lowering, lucky to get the canopy to 75 F and does not curl my leaves.

You can make a huge difference in light by lowering due to the square of the distance rule if you can lower your light similarly and still have it diffuse outward enough to cover your canopy.

3 Likes

Hello. @OGIncognito mentioned a better light. So true, because, it is an addictive hobby. You will soon have 2 tents and another light. Kinda what a lot of growers do…accumulate

2 Likes

:point_up_2: it’s gotta be the addiction :grin::grin:

1 Like

I see it happening already :laughing:

1 Like