Beginners grow journal ILGM Gold leaf & Blue dream

The browned pistil or the browning leaf tip?

The browning leaf tip is probably what we often hear called “painted nails.” It’s allegedly the plant showing you she’s reached her limit with nutrient uptake, and not to feed her at higher rates than what you’ve been giving her. Most consider it a good sign that the plant is running at max capacity.

As far as the browning pistil, it’s just mature and beginning to recede.

Neither is a problem. :v::100:

2 Likes

Some pics from tonight

3 Likes

I bought a digital microscope but having some trouble getting good pictures

1. My buds are very leafy so I keep finding sugar leaves with the scope rather than bud… I’ll contribute that to my first grow (more leaf than bud)
    I have a stand coming tomorrow that will help hold the scope so hopefully this will help. Stay tuned.

The leaves on this plant are starting to get some cool coloring

2 Likes

Week 7 since flip
Note to self: watered all 4 with overdrive today. Bd got 2nd dose.

Also note to self: BD is definitely not blue dream. Dropped several bean with this plant and got mixed up. Leaning more towards zkittlez. All others are 100% gold leaf.

2 Likes

Snip a small bud off, something around halfway down the plant, and use that to evaluate trichomes. You can manicure away the leaves to get clear shots.

1 Like

@Graysin - will do that tonight and get your option. Thanks

1 Like

@Graysin - this is as good as I can get. Thoughts?

What looks like bud seems pretty cloudy. The sugar leaves, of course, are real amber.

I’d say you’re a couple weeks away, but not much more than that.

2 Likes

@Graysin - thanks man. Not expecting much from this and will likely all turn into edibles.

1 Like

Don’t write em off - I bet you they’ll do the job. Dispensary bud is aesthetically pleasing but it’s not often even in the same class as homegrown.

3 Likes

I just really enjoy the hobby of growing. If I get a quality product as a result, thats just a bonus.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I’m not much of a smoker- my wife and MIL are, though. Started growing for the MIL and just never stopped.

3 Likes

@Graysin - are these things nanners or leaves? Seem out of place but dont really look like the pictures I’ve researched. They do have trichomes. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Leaves. Nanners are … I dunno, just different.

See those little white-ish looking things on these buds? Those are nanners.

2 Likes

Thanks @Graysin - I’ve convinced myself this plant is producing seeds. When I zoom in the calyx look like seed pods but they have hairs… maybe just swollen? Def doesn’t look like the other plants… looks normal to you?

2 Likes

Just swollen. There are no nanners there!! Just pretty buds!!

2 Likes

@GreggT youre the man Gregg. I’m being a bit obsessive about this!

We all get that way!! No way around it!!

1 Like

I hit you up on ig @xGuSx

1 Like

Following @GreggT

1 Like