Beginners grow journal ILGM Gold leaf & Blue dream

@Graysin - ya I’m reading up on it now. Appears to be the general consensus. I’m going to try to interpret what Dbm32 suggested. That light is really only needed for clones and veg so regardless of the outcome, will be sufficient.
So… I switched up the lights to my flower light. I raised to 30 inches above tops and have it at 50%. Pulling nearly 400 watts. Is this overkill in your opinion?

@dbrn32 - I do recall reading about this in my browsing. I also have an email to HLG. Thanks for all you do.

1 Like

You’re in a 4x4, right? 400 watts might be overkill depending on the quality of the light.

@Graysin - yes 4x4
Btw, do you have a journal I can see?

Watered all 4 with nutes today. Used 1/2 gallon for each and didn’t get runoff. Think about watering more next time.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this somehow.

I’ll tag you into my journal. :v:

1 Like

@Graysin - so I recently started using AN nutes in late veg as I started in FFOF and transplanted into FFHF. I’ve only fed twice based on the top self ph perfect connoisseur recipe. I only used the weeks 1 and 2 feeding schedule as my runoff ppms were between 800-1200 prior to staring. I’m now flipping to flower. Thought I read somewhere to continue veg feeding two weeks into flower. Does that sound right to you or start flower feeding once flipped? If you’re not familiar with AN, can you refer someone? Thanks

1 Like

@nodurxshn @OGIncognito @HappyHydroGrower for AN nutes?

2 Likes

@xGuSx Jacks user here but I start Jacks Bloom in preflower :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Flip day 1 -

4 Likes

Very healthy looking in your Grow space :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Watered all 4 today 6.5 R/O 6.5 with calmag. Run off numbers look good I think. 6.2 ph and 1200 ppm on all but GL1 which has only a small about of runoff and 1700ppm. All looked a little droopy after watering which I hear is normal. However, it’s now 2 hours and I’m noticing some clawing on them. 1st time I’ve seen this. Will check tomorrow to see if it’s corrected itself.

Side note- 3 gallons between all 4

1 Like

@Graysin - thinking too early to tell, but what’s your opinion? First pic kinda looks like a nut. 2nd pic possibly a hair… opinion?

Picture is too dark/pixelated to see anything meaningful. Can you take a pic a little less zoomed in but in the same general area? Often times a camera shot with the higher resolution lens will let us zoom in better than an actual zoom shot.

@Graysin
Original photo

What I do see looks like pistils, seems female to me. Even the “nut” looks female - there’s still a small white hair protruding from it.

1 Like

Well that’s good news. Let’s give her a few more days and reevaluate. Thanks

1 Like

Plants looked good today. Clawing essentially gone. Think they just wanted a drink. Did some defoliating at the bottom to make watering easier. Hopefully didn’t stress them too much. Only did it to the two that needed it most.
Want to lollipop but getting conflicting info. All videos I’ve watched say to do a week to a few days from flip. I’ve read some people do it at 3 weeks after flip. Is it just a stress causing stunting issue?

1 Like

You can lollipop before, during, or after transition. The earlier you do it, the less time your plant will waste on buds on those tertiary branches.

Some wait until transition because the plant tends to regrow some of the lower stuff and they want to get it all at once.

I don’t personally practice lollipoping because I’m too lazy, but if I did, I would do it once before the flip and watch closely - may need to repeat another time 3-4 weeks after flip.

1 Like

Watered a gallon each with their first dose of bloom nutes. Got some decent runoff. Let’s see how they react to the nutes and reevaluate and adjust if needed. Still no sign of sex on any of them that I can identify.

1 Like