Beginners grow journal ILGM Gold leaf & Blue dream

Jan1st
All 4 have been transplanted into 1 gallon pots. GL2, the funky looking seedling, has been the most challenging thus far but appears to be coming around. For those that have issues with seedlings early on, they do seem to recover so don’t be discouraged. GL3 is roughly a week and a few days behind but looks pretty good imo.I’m going to top BD today as well.
Pic 1 is GL2
Pic 2 is GL3

1 Like

Jan2
Topped BD and messed up. When I topped the plant, I must have severed one of the two side branches. I had posted about this and recvd some great feedback. I was contemplating just re-topping at the lower node. The suggestions I recvd basically said you can leave as is or do a re-top. The plant should recover. Was bothering me and wasn’t sure how it would grow if I left as is so re-topped the following day.
Pic 1- the first bad top
Pic 2- what I feel is the corrected top. Let’s hope this doesn’t cause too much stress. What would you guys have done?

Jan 3rd

Group shot. BD is drooping (back left) Stress from topping? Overwatering? Thirsty? What do you guys think? I’m going to be topping GL1 (front left) today. Hopefully this one goes smoothly. Send good vibes!

Side note- I know humidity is low. Have a humidifier in the tent set to 55. Stays around 45-50 with tent closed.

1 Like

Stumbled on to this awesome journal Journey! Your photos and data will certainly help backtrack any issues, as well as how to launch your next grow.

Congratulations on those strong beans! I really like the Gold Leaf!

Anyway you can get humidity up to 50? It’ll help growth of those baby shoots

1 Like

@CLICKYBONES thanks for the kind words. Have been really working on getting the humidity up. The humidifier is running 24/7. I’ll double check but might have one setting higher. I also have the option to have it push out a more powerful mist. I’ll give that a go tonight. Question, the humidifier calls for distilled water. However, I’ve been using both tap and R/O. My tap is very hard. Does the ph of the water in the humidifier mater?

Good question…I’ve never bothered with ph on humidifier … I have well water, and a deminerilizer pod inside… that’s it for me.
You’re blend of ro/tap sounds great

1 Like

Jan 4th
Gave 1L each of 6.5 R/O with 1tsp of calmag and 3ml fishsh!t per gallon to BD G1 and G2 yesterday at lights on. G3 still has a heavy pot. I used a moisture meter to double check and all were bone dry although G1 and G2 felt a little heavier than BD. All seemed to be happy this AM.
Pic 1 BD
Pic 2 GL1

Note- note sure I mentioned this but GL1 was topped yesterday. No issues

Now that I’m caught up. :grinning:

2 Likes

They are looking really good :+1:

Thanks @TT. Really looking forward to this journey

1 Like

@beardless @Graysin @Nicky @MidwestGuy @OGIncognito @Fieldofdreams
Tagging a few members ive seen providing great insight to other beginners. Any suggestions along my way is always appreciated. Thanks and good night :zzz:

5 Likes

My thought is the pH is irrelevant- the reason for distilled in a humidifier is to avoid mineral buildup and clogging of the humidifier. Also if your water is high in calcium like mine, you can sometimes end up with a white powdery buildup on the plants themselves. It’s harmless but it will definitely make you think you have powdery mildew when you don’t. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the tag- feel free to grab me any time you have a question. I’m not the best at following threads but I’ll always answer when summoned :v::100:

1 Like

Nice growth on those Growmie! Happy and healthy all around :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

So recvd my ppm pen on Tuesday and tested runoff from G3 last night.
Going in:
Ph 6.5
PPM: 223 (only R/O calmag and fishsh!t)
Runoff:
Ph 6.12
PPM 1230
Haven’t used nutes as I’m in FFOF

@Graysin are the above numbers ok in veg? Prob will be in veg for another month, maybe less. Will be transplanting into 5 gallon at some point pre flower. Have AN nute line ready to go. Originally thought I was going to start using in veg but based on PPM of run off, seems like FFOF still has a lot left. Is that an accurate assumption? Also, was thinking about just using FFHF for next transplant rather than FFOF. Thoughts?

1 Like

They’re great. I’d keep an eye on that out-going pH - one thing about Fox Farms soil I’ve always hated is that the pH tends to tank somewhere between the 5 and 8 week marker as the plant eats the nutrients, all the pH buffers wear off. Consequently you may need to feed 6.6 or 6.7 to get that pH to taper back upward over time.

I wouldn’t stress it too much but keep an eye.

I would start thinking about adding 1/2 strength nutrients in a week or so. 1200ppms in runoff isn’t as much as it sounds like but it isn’t low yet either.

FFOF and FFHF are functionally equivalent in my mind. HF is a bit better because it has coco blended into help with the drainage. It will still have the inevitable problem of tanking your pH somewhere around that same 5-8 week mark if you aren’t diligent.

Sounds like everything is going well so far - I don’t mean to make it sound like it isn’t! Just trying to brace you and help avoid an almost inevitable problem

2 Likes

@Graysin Fantastic response. Ty

1 Like

Watered BD 1.5L calmag and Fishsh!t
In
PH 6.5
Runoff
PH 6.2
PPM 830
Watered GL1 1L calmag and fishsh!t
In
PH 6.5
Runoff
PH 6.14
PPP 830

Plants seem a bit droopy. Common sense would say overwatering but I can’t seem to accept that. Pots feel lightish and has been 3 days for BD and 2 days for GL1. Thinking maybe they want a bigger pot.

1 Like

@Covertgrower what are your thoughts? Overwater? Thirsty or pot up? Anything else?

• see above post pls

If you just watered it’s normal for them to be droopy for a bit afterwards.
How’s your temps? Above 70?

1 Like

@Covertgrower temp is a steady 75 durning lights on. Drops to the mid to high 60s lights off. They were droopy prior to watering which prompted me to water. This has been the case for past watering as well. Seem to perk up a bit the day after but my inexperience could be leading me in the wrong direction.