Beginners grow journal ILGM Gold leaf & Blue dream

I saw his on IG. Looking so good!

1 Like

They smell better than they lookā€¦ and they look lovely.

1 Like

@Graysin - so I think I messed up. Harvested 3 of my 4 plants last week/weekend. Letā€™s the 4th to go a little longer and wanted to try a 48 hour dark period for the last one. Kept on the fans and exhaust going for the lights out period. When I opened the tent last night to harvest, the plant looked pretty bad. Most of the buds were veryā€¦ hmm hard to describeā€¦ but like mushy. Almost like the Easter candy peeps. Ended up harvesting some of the plant but just threw out most of it. Is this bud rot or mold or what? The plant didnā€™t get water for maybe 4 days. Iā€™m pretty happy with the end result of the others.

1 Like

This is what I kept of the bad on somewhat wet trimmed and hung to dry

This is one from the first plant harvested. Looks pretty good and smells great

2 Likes

I donā€™t honestly know. Iā€™ve never done the 48 hrs dark, personally. Dr. Bruce Bugbee, the guru on cannabis and lighting for such, has said that 48 hrs of light before harvest is more beneficial than 48 hrs of dark. The concept of a dark period is bro science at best.

I will say if you ever suspect mold, a good bud wash in h2o2 puts my mind at ease. Although, potentially moldy bud should always be dried and stored away from your good bud, just in case.

Iā€™m guessing your plant was just flaccid from not getting any water or light - the bud was probably okay unless you broke it open and saw mold inside (usually cobwebby looking)

3 Likes

Yikes. I do have it drying with the others. Might be too late for the wash. Iā€™d be shocked if I had mold but anything is possible. Chalk this up to another lesson learned. Waste case I have some in grove bags away from the dry room.

1 Like

I bet youā€™ll be just fine.

Never too late for a bud wash, though.

That is good to know. Ty!

1 Like

Few shots from my current grow. First attempt at LST as the gold leaf got too tall last grow. She was also topped once. 2nd pic is Ilgm sour diesel from seed - justo topped once. Last pic is a bud from my first grow. Good times.

2 Likes

@Caligurl - just got my source turbo and my first attempt a gummies. Read your recipe in the concentrate blog. Did you ever figure out a solution to mixing the wax into the gummy mix more efficiently/evenly?
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

@Allinherhead - when you make your vape, do you convert your tincture to wax then use the liquidizer to make the wax more workable? What else is needed? Do you have a step by step guide?

2 Likes

The only thing with mixing, is just turn the heat down a tad and put the concentrate in right after I start the heat on the pan

2 Likes

@Caligurl - oops I didnā€™t decarb my bud before washing and putting thru the source turbo? Now what do I do with the concentrate? Is it ruined?

3 Likes

Nope! Not ruined at allā€¦ you can take the concentrate, put it in the oven at 220-230 and take it out immediately after it stops bubbling.

Many people do it this way anyway because you can make carts and also use it for dabs since itā€™s not been decarbed. This way, you have the versatility of whether or not you need to decarb.

4 Likes

@Caligurl - cheers. That saved my evening!

3 Likes

Flipping these ladies to 12/12 in the next few days
2nd pic is some gold leaf getting a good cure

5 Likes

Looking good in here

1 Like

Looking very happy

2 Likes

These ladies seem to be enjoying life. 3 stains should make it interesting. About 10 days into flower.
Gold leaf
Skittles
Sour diesel

1 Like

@xGuSx ā€¦Lookin Good! My Zkittles turned out one of the bestā€¦
been wanting to try Sour soon!

1 Like