Beginners grow journal ILGM Gold leaf & Blue dream

Hi all, starting this journal to help track my progress, seek advice from a community full of experience, let others learn from my mistakes and hopefully grow some fire. First let me complete my grow ticket:

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: ILGM Gold leave & blue dream (source unknown) both photos
  • Method: Soil - FFOF (75%)FFHF (25%) some added perlite
  • Vessel: Pots 1 gallon plastic to 5 gallon fabric
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - 6.5
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - TDS meter comes tomorrow
  • Indoor or Outdoor - indoor
  • Light system -Agromax AFS 1830 & HLG 300L Bspec
  • Temps; Day, Night - lights on- 74-79f off 69-72f
  • Humidity; Day, Night -39-55% (typically 45%)
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 6in fan and carbon filter
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier - Humidifier and de-humidifier when needed
  • Co2; - No
  • Nutriants - AN line - not currently using due to FFOF

Ok… This journal is going to start off quick because I’m a month in already. Will post what I’ve experienced thus far and let me tell you, it has its up and downs… a lot of the latter. So here we go

3 Likes

Dec 15th
Germinated seeds in wet paper towel in plastic bags. Placed them on a plate on top of a heating mat. Tried germinating 4 blue dream 2 lemon haze and 2 zkittlez. Gifted to me by a friend while I was waiting for my ILGM gold leaf and sour diesel seeds. Of the 8 I tried to germinate only 6 grew tails after about 72 hours (no pictures from this phase) Once the germinated, I put the in 4 inch pots and put them in a dome under a cheep marshydro TS600 100 watt light. Did not presoak soil. Put the heat mat under the dome and temps were around 70F

2 Likes

Dec 2nd
Received my ILGM seeds in the mail and immediately followed their germination instructions by placing seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours. I have 10 GL seeds and originally attempted germinating 4. After the water soak, I put in moist paper towel in plastic bags and into a cabinet they went. 48 hours later, I peak in to see what’s going on. One had a long tail, roughly half inch, one had a small tail and the other two… nada. I was a little concerned of my temps as the heat mat was being used for the previous seeds that are in the dome… and it’s pretty cold out. I’d like to mention this was all being done prior to really diving into my hours and hours of reading the forum. So… I’m calling this phase of the grow - Pre Hellraiser

2 Likes

Note: first dated post says Dec 15th. It was actually Dec 1st but when I try to edit, it says it was created too long ago… ugh

1 Like

Dec 5th
I only see 2, of the 6 originally planted, starting to pop out of the soil. I only have space in the dome for 6 plants so I decide to remove two of the pots with non sprouted pseedlings out and replace the with the gold leaf. YouTube univ thought me not to over water and just spray the dome to keep the humidity up… lessons will be learned shortly.

1 Like

Dec 6th-
The other golf leaf seeds didn’t pop so I just tossed em. Assuming it was user error. So at the point I have 2 blue dreams sprouting, one has a full helmet, a lemon haze and zkittlez (neither sprouted) and two freshly planted golf leafs. I decided to try and germinate the remaking golf leaf seeds because I was getting nervous I would have 4 strong germinated seedlings. So I repeated the germinating processes for the remaining beans.

2 Likes

Dec10th
Both gold leaf beans have sprouted but both had helmets. The blue dream is looking like a plant (the two cotyledons were stuck together for 2 days) tried spraying water on it but didn’t do anything. What do you guys do in the situation? I tried to pick off the helmet on the other BD and pretty sure I killed it. Left if for a few days but just shriveled up. A day or 2 later one of the gold leaf helmets popped off on its own and I was able to help the other by very gently pulling it off. What do you guys typically do here? Was I just unlucky or are helmets typical? Around this time I checked on the other gold leaf beans. Only one had a tail so I planted it and tossed the other seeds in the trash… oh well.

2 Likes

Dec 20th.
I read Hellraisers gorilla glue journal and not only found it very easy to read but extremely educational. It seems like @Hellraiser is no longer posting… this guy deserves something for the time and effort he put into helping other growers. So… I struggle with humidity. In my tent the R/O is around 20%. That said Hellraiser said he doesn’t worry much about R/H level so I took the seedlings out of the dome and under my agromax Afs 1830 which is a 720 watt full spectrum LED with dimmer options of 25 50 75 and 100%. My original goal was to veg and bloom with this light. However, I also purchased an HLG 300L bspec which I think will be much better for veg.
Side note I have 4x4 tent and purchased a 3x3 that I’ll use as a veg and/or clone seedling tent.

1 Like

First I congratulate you on your Beginners grow journal .Ive been here for about two years give or take and have always wanted to post my first ILGM grow and actually documented each step ( as you did) and even took pics …with a real camera mind you… :rofl: But my lazy butt never did! Maybe there’s an audience of members that wouldn’t mind seeing past forgotten journals…Hmm I dunno.
But Im on you with this one…keep us posted…Ill follow! Good Luck!

2 Likes

Around this time I start to run into my first issues. One of the gold leaf seedlings has some clear issues. Not sure if this is from me pulling the helmet off or light being too much for the little girl or spraying it with water while being in the dome or FFOF being too hot. All that said I have only givien the plants a few ml of water since sprout as well as spaying with a bottle. I told the guy at the hydro store I was going to grow organically (I am/was clueless) and he told me I didn’t need to check ph or ppm for organic so didn’t buy a ph or ppm tester at the time ( I have since purchased them). Not sure the info he gave me was correct… anyway what would you say is wrong with this plant? Should you have just tossed? We are going to call this one GL2

1 Like

Hey @AL_GREEN ty stopping by. It seems like a lot of people use a “real camera” as opposed to a phone. Phone takes pretty good pics, but maybe I’m missing something. Slow to the show sometimes. You show def post your 1st grow. Trust me, I’m sure I’m not alone in loving reading about this stuff. Very beneficial for us noobs

Man Im not too sure…Others will chime in Im sure…But what I can tell you from experience is that often Ive had “funky” looking seedlings that alien mutate out at first but then straighten out later…Give it a while and some TLC and see what happens…As for the helmets heads sometimes they take care of themselves but sometimes they need a lil intervention…a lil moistening and very very soft caressing with a toothpick and you may be able to get it off without pulling it out of the soil ( I / We`ve all done that,I think) If you wanna read more type in “Helmet Head” in the search index…Lots of remedies too!

1 Like

Dec 20th
So other than GL2, we have BD1 (blue dream) GL1 and GL3
Pic 1 is BD1
Pic 2 is GL1
I did water them for the 1st time 150ml each with

who knows what PH water

2 Likes

Do the leaves on the GL1 look a little yellow/dull to you? I’m using R/O water and read calmag will be needed. Is that an every water type thing or just as needed… which would mean what exactly?

Dec 25th

Transplanted BD into 1 gallon pot. Transplant was pretty easy. Roots were a little under developed from what I was expecting but all went well. Transplanted into Same soil mix as seedlings (FFOF and FFHF) watered 400 ML of 6.5 R/O with 1 teaspoon of calmag mixed in a 1 gallon jug. Still finding understanding watering properly but after reading a bit about it, think it’s starting to sink in.

1 Like

Dec 26
GL 2 is looking a little better but still a bit strange. Any ideas?

Following along this detailed grow.

1 Like

Dec 28th
Transplanted GL1 to 1 gallon pot. Possibly a bit early. Didn’t come out of the 4 inch pot very easily and soil was dry and broke apart. Not great root formation but not turning back at this point. She looks relatively healthy imo. Watered with 6.5 R/O and some calmag. I’m using some powder ph down. Think I’m going to switch to General hydroponics ph up/down for easier use. Thought?

1 Like

Dec 29th
Bd seems to be happy after transplant. Pot still heavy from transplant so no water yet. Thinking about topping her soon. Does this look about the right time?

2 Likes

They both look happy in their forever home.

3 Likes